Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Natural abortion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Natural abortion
broken_wishbone
Activist
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broken_wishbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure which forum to post this in... So I'm just taking a wild guess here... Anyway... I'm presently on the pill and took them all properly this month, except one day toward the end of my second week when I simply forgot. That day happened to be the day a condom broke while my boyfriend and I were having sex. I've taken all my pills properly since then (I know the instructions say not to continue use if you think you might be pregnant, but I honestly didnt' think I could be), and haven't had sex again, but I'm supposed to start my period tomorrow and am showing absolutely no signs of it starting (spotting, cramps, anything that normally comes the day before my period). I know this is not a definite sign that I'm not going to have my period or that I'm pregnant, but I would like to get myself prepared in case it turns out I am. So, I was wondering if you could give me some information on natural abortion. I've tried looking online, but all I've found were sites against it. I know there was an article here about it, but it didn't give any in depth details. If I do end up being pregnant, I just want to get a feel for what my options are, so I don't automatically go and spend $100+ on a surgical abortion when there might be something better for me. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Imagine what my body would sound like, slamming against those rocks. When it lands will my eyes be closed or open?

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, I think an abortion is something best left to the professionals. During a surgical abortion, your heart rate and vitals will be measured, your bleeding will be monitored, and all that good stuff. If you try to abort naturally at home, complications may arise posing a significant threat to your health.

Just a little word of warning for ya, because your health and wellbeing is important.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've answered to this previously, but I'll repeat it here.

No herbalist worth a damn will anonymously pass out herbal abortiffacents or recipes. It is very UNsafe, and even when directly supervised is far LESS safe than medical abortions are. And this is why you won't ever find such things at Scarleteen, and why you'll find it difficult to dig them up elsewhere as well.

Basically, it's really not correct to assume that those things which are "natural" are more safe or gentle than those things which are medical or man-made. Numerous toxins and poisons in the world are utterly organic. That given, herbal abortion really should only be considered in the direst of situations when medical abortion is in no way a possibility, or is illegal, and thus, unsafe.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broken_wishbone
Activist
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broken_wishbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I had no idea it was so bad. I read something about drinking -- edited -- and hurting vital organs, but I didn't realize it was so dangerous. Thanks a lot. I'm glad I asked. Maybe that's why everything I read was anti-natural abortion, huh? Yep... Thanks again.

(Note from Miz S. : Hey, wishbone, I edited this for exactly what I explained above. It's dangerous, and I really do not want to post any suggestions about it at Scarleteen for that reason.)
------------------
Imagine what my body would sound like, slamming against those rocks. When it lands will my eyes be closed or open?

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-10-2001).]

Posts: 74 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.