Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » no not now!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no not now!
letsgetrowdy01
Neophyte
Member # 5415

Icon 9 posted      Profile for letsgetrowdy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok... i had sex like a month ago, maybe a lil over a month. we used a condom, but he didn't stay hard. so he kept on commin out. so we could never actually finish, and he didn't cum. so ne ways. im wondering if i am pregnant... i haven't gotten my period yet, but i am very very irregular. i was supposed to get it on the 24 and it is now the 29. usually i dont worry cuz im always like this, but this time, ihad sex so now im worried... am i??
Posts: 3 | From: ma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you're never going to be sure (especially since your period is irregular) unless you get it confirmed by a pregnancy test or a doctor.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the incident occurred more than a month ago, you can certainly take a pregnancy test today and find out. So rather than stressing out and wondering where your period is, take a trip to the drugstore and buy a pregnancy test. You should also make an appointment for an STD screening since from what you described, it sounds like there could have been a transfer of bodily fluids.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
letsgetrowdy01
Neophyte
Member # 5415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for letsgetrowdy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how much to the test's cost??
Posts: 3 | From: ma | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're looking at a price range from $6 (one Answer test) to $15 (two EPT tests) where I live. You'll want to to get 2 tests, one for now and one for a week from now to be sure.
The price is well worth your peace of mind.

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abuse angel
Neophyte
Member # 5429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abuse angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't know about where you live, but some clinics will do a pregnancy test for free. it's just a pee test, just like the ones you buy at the drugstore. and, since it only takes a few minutes, there's no risk of them calling your house with the results and getting your mom.

the sooner you test, the better. the stress of not knowing might be holding up your period. i remember several occasions when i got my period just hours after a negative result.

------------------
abuse angel

Posts: 4 | From: houston, tx | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
letsgetrowdy01
Neophyte
Member # 5415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for letsgetrowdy01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im not!! woo hoo i got my period this morning!!!
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you've never been so happy to see your period before, huh?

Best of luck hun.

------------------
~Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.