Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » eating while pregnant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eating while pregnant
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 5 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i really just wanted to know if any of you have ever seen pregnant people that are extrmely lazy and eat a whole lot more while they are pregnant. i mean it seems like they are using being pregnant as an excuse to be lazy and have everybody wait on them and eat and eat and eat. and then after they have their baby they wonder why they cant lose the weight although they know that they didnt excersise or anything. it just makes me wonder why people do this, it doesnt make sense to me. anybody have any ideas???
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to say why some women do that, but I'll give it a shot.

Perhaps it's because pregnancy can be such a new and frightening time. Many people use food as comfort, and overeat in stressful times. Also, women may be uninformed about the whole "eating for two" thing -- that you're supposed to eat twice as healthy, not twice as much. I picked up a food pyramid poster from the March of Dimes in the early stages of my pregnancy and stuck it on the fridge -- it's amazing how small servings actually are compared to what people tend to think they are. A serving of cheese? 4 1-inch cubes. Grapes? About a handful.

I tried very hard to watch my weight in my pregnancy, but I still managed to gain entirely too much. That coupled with some post-baby fatigue made exercise and weight loss really, really hard!

Now that I think about it, I know someone exactly like the sort of person you're talking about. I think I'll pop the kid in the stroller and drag her out for a jog tomorrow

------------------
How can you not like muffins?!

This surely was the product of a twisted mind.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.