Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Possibilities.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possibilities.
adorkable
Neophyte
Member # 5052

Icon 2 posted      Profile for adorkable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there. I'm 15 years old and a sophomore in high school with a 4.0 GPA, at the top of my class. I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years. We recently had sex for the first time (two and a half weeks ago), and used a condom. It was put on correctly and didn't break, and as far as we could tell there wasn't any leakage.

But my period is 4 days late, even though it's not always on time. My breasts have been sore for about four to five days, which is a sign I also get before my period. We've told his mom our decision to have sex and had already started investigating for me to get on the Pill, but she's offered to take me for a checkup at the gyno and get me on the Pill as well. My boyfriend insists on paying for it. All of this is of course wonderful!--But I'm feeling guilty about not telling my mom. I'm still figuring out how/when to do it.

The point is, we're afraid I'm pregnant. The past few days, I've been in a panic about it (which could be making my period late), but now that we've told his mom, I feel so much better! But she's not convinced that I'm pregnant, seeing as though she had thought she was pregnant many times and didn't have her period for two months from the stress. Anyway, I'm waiting around for my period now.

From reading this board and thinking it through myself, I know I can fulfill my dreams even with a baby on hand, even if it's difficult, because I'm determined. And I know my boyfriend will be there for me 100%; we've already talked about it plenty of times, even before we decided to have sex. His mom will of course support us as well, and we're not quite sure of his dad's reaction.

My mom will be disappointed because she's told me time and time again not to mess it up, but I know she'll be there for me, too.
That's going to be the scariest part--telling her...

However, I don't even know if I'm pregnant. But if I don't get a period next month, either, or maybe if I don't get my period by the end of this month, his mom and I agreed that it will be time to find out what's going on. And before I go to get tested, I'll tell my mom.

Basically, I just wanted to get it all off my chest. I thank you guys for all the encouragement you've given to all the other worried and pregnant or thinking they're pregnant teens...it made me feel so much better.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think perhaps the best thing for you to do would be to get one of those home pregnancy tests from the drug store, better to know one way or the other than to be worried about it. of course if it does come out positive, you will have to tell your mom.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, you've been through a lot since your last period, so it would not be surprising if your period was running late at all. There's good stress and bad stress, but all kinds of stress can make you late, especially the worrying about pregnancy stress!

John is right; why not take a home pregnancy test today, and find out? I bet it will be OK [ ]

And good for you for being prepared and doing things right!

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xJudy
Neophyte
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xJudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, and will do fine with whatever comes your way!

For now, don't stress yourself out until you know for sure what is going on. Take a home pregnancy test as soon as you can. I don't know what resources you have in your area, but where I am from Planned Parenthood does free pregnancy testing on certain days. The tests are about ten bucks a a grocery store, if you have someone you trust who can take you to get one.

Periods are often late when you're under a lot of stress, and when you're young sometimes you will get a little irregular. Hang in there!

------------------
Judy & baby Eska

Posts: 23 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.