Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » birth control and pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: birth control and pregnancy
poloprincess1982
Neophyte
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poloprincess1982     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello I was just woundering if i could be pregnant. I was on birth control pills for a year and just stoped taking them a month ago. my boyfriend and i haven't been using condoms. I have been feeling sick but never really got sick. I haven't missed a period but last months was late and short. i have taken a pragnacy test but i came up neg. I feel like i'm pregnant because i've been pregnant before. what should i do?

------------------
Kimberly I Saxby

Posts: 7 | From: Canandaigua, Ny | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can take another pregnancy test and see if it comes up positive, but the best thing for you to do would be to visit a doctor or a clinic for both a pregnancy test and an STD screen, as having unsafe sex puts you at risk for both pregnancy and STDs.

If you do not have health insurance, we would be happy to help you find a low-cost clinic in your area.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poloprincess1982
Neophyte
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poloprincess1982     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have insurnce. can you get a std even if your partner has only been with you?

------------------
Kimberly I Saxby

Posts: 7 | From: Canandaigua, Ny | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's very possible to get an STD if you've only been with one partner or your partner has only been with you.

to learn more about STDs, visit STI Risk Assessment: http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/risk_1.html

Planned Parenthood offers both STD screenings and pregnancy tests. If you visit http://www.plannedparenthood.org/Zip.htm and enter your zip code or click on your state, it will help you find a clinic in your area that you can visit. They tend to offer low cost health care and can give you lots of information.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poloprincess1982
Neophyte
Member # 4931

what symtopms would i be having for the first couple of weeks?

------------------
Kimberly I Saxby

SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Symptoms for pregnancy or symptoms for STDs?

Either way, don't wait for symptoms. Go get a pregnancy test. Go get an STD screening. Don't guess, make an appointment and go.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poloprincess1982
Neophyte
Member # 4931

I was wondering about syntopms of being pregnant and std. i have not missed my period this month but i'm not due for it until the middle of the month.

------------------
Kimberly I Saxby

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Symtpoms of pregnancy would not likely appear in less than one month, and because of how many STDs and STIS there are, symtpoms vary for each one. If you're really curious, all you have to do is look at the sites Infection and Reproduction sections and all of that information is there.
http://www,scarleteen.com/infection
http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction

However, if you are not using ANY birth control or STD/STI protection, the truth is you're going to wind up pregnant or with an infection at some point. If that is not something you want, you need to use reliable birth control and STD/STI protection.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope if you aren't pregnant you'll stop being irresponsible and get on some birth control and use condoms.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.