Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Milestones

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Milestones
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first in-utero kick. The first smile. Tooth. Step. Car.
What milestones have your children reached lately? Did you document the event at all?

My son is working very hard at walking, and I've been hovering with a camera, waiting to catch the moment. I was hoping those first wobbly steps would show up before his birthday, but I'm starting to think that's not going to happen. Of course, it's all good -- he can't run away if he can't walk!

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is freaky... Aaron just cut his first tooth on sunday!

hooray!

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
My son just completed his second year of university. Made the Dean's list both years. Is that a milestone or am I just bragging?

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 07-24-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's both, and you're entitled to brag. congratulations to everyone!
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have anything new to share?
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munchy
Activist
Member # 6463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not really a traditional milestone, but I'll brag anyway. My daughter can read at least 2 words now (dog and book). She can read a few others when she's in the mood and paying attention. I'm trying to be laid back and not push her too hard, but I really hope she's reading sentences by her 4th b-day in June, since her daddy and I were both reading at 3. Anyone else at the learning to read stage? Reading is such a huge love of mine that sometimes it's hard not to get frustrated with her, but mostly it's not that she doesn't seem to grasp it (she does!) it's that she's got a 3-year-old attention span. I usually realize that when she starts saying, "I don't know," or just pulling a word out of the air when we're trying to sound a word out that she's had enough for now. But sometimes I just want her to get it right...I know she can do it because she just did it 30 seconds before, and that is pretty frustrating.

------------------
Munchy, the Munchkin, the Monchichi

Posts: 64 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
My son turned 21 nine months ago. Holy smoke! It seems like only yesterday that I was holding him in the delivery room. Where does the time go?

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Evan can't read yet -- he's only 18 months -- but he's getting there. He can identify pictures in books (Cat, Dog, Horse, etc) and what animals say; he can identify certain people if I show him their pictures.

He'll also pick out letters from the newspaper -- just A, E and S right now. But I still think it's a pretty big deal for someone his age.

xJudy
Neophyte
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xJudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter throws things in the toilet! Does that count?! LOL!

When there is something out of her reach, she will try to push something over to stand on so she can reach it! I was so impressed by that, she is smart as a monkey now!

I *have* to get some kind of lock thingy for my refridgerator, because the handle is within her reach and she will open it up and pull food onto the floor. Sigh.

Very destructive mischeivous milestones from my 15 month old daughter. But she gives really good hugs, and is starting to learn about kisses too. Hers are very sloverry open mouthed ones not really appropriate for moms, but we're working on it.

- Judy

Posts: 23 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munchy
Activist
Member # 6463

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Munchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I remember those slobbery open mouth kisses, too! I guess it's from too much TV. She'll get it right soon. My daughter had a fascination with the toilet for a while, too. Luckily she never put anything into it, though. And there's no way my daughter could have opened the fridge at 15 mos! Wow! Hayley's only been able to open the fridge since she turned 3. Then again, she didn't have any interest in the fridge when she was 15 mos and we bought a brand new fridge when she was 20 mos, so it still has a really good seal on it.

------------------
Munchy, the Munchkin, the Monchichi

Posts: 64 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 10 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron has a toilet fascination these days too!

his newest milestone is coming up next week - he's turning 1!

i'm so proud i could burst...

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.