Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Where *do* babies come from... ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where *do* babies come from... ??
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm incredibly bored out of my mind, and i've just been looking around a few medical sites, b/c right now that's where most of my interests lay So ... here's a site that i think is grrrrrreat. It gets two thumbs up from me, for sure

Check it out --->
www.first9months.com

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was a really cool site you found! for people who are pregnant that wiould be a good site for them to visit. you have received two thumbs up from me.

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

It's amazing what insomnia can do for a person I'm glad i could help!!

I sent the site to one of my guy friends and he found it pretty cool too ... He's been looking around the site "learning about girls" and he said it helped him a lot too. Maybe this is a site for dads just as much as moms ... ?? Especially b/c it was written by the dad

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a really good site even for people like me who are squeamish and not too keen on babies. I think it would also be great for showing young kids.
The only thing is, it did make me think a lot about abortion. I know this won't be a popular view here, but even at such a young age, Emma was so human that it made me really sad that people feel it's their right to kill them. Just a thought, I know their are lots of other factors too.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

I'm just gonna say one thing on the abortion issue ...

It IS a personal decision. We have no right to look at someone elses situation and decide for them what should or shouldn't be done. That's what parents are for, and once you're 18 (or 19, or 21, depends where you live) the government says you're old enough to make your own decisions. Abortion is an extremely touchy subject, and this thread wasn't meant for it ...

~ Smurfie

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smurfy: Just thought I'd say, I was born, and used to live in Belleville!

Just a random "me" fact...

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Wow ... !! That's two people now that i've run into that know where Belleville is ... hehe

Did you go to high school here?

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to elementry school at Queen Victoria, then to Harry J Clark and for grade 9 I went to Moira (I dunno if I can say that, but uh, I don't live there anymore so I can't see it mattering!)

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

I know where Moira is!!

I go to Quinte, which is really on the other side of Belleville ... It's huge

JBelle
Neophyte
Member # 2286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that site was really cool, It's awesome to see how a couple of cells turn into a working organism in only 9 months...that was awesome!
Posts: 16 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Quinte...I know where that is...I think my cousin goes there! She'd be in grade 10 I think...but I don't think I can stick her name up here...lol...

Cool tho...someone else from Belleville

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My current wife went to Quinte. My ex went to Moira. I must have a Belleville fetish.

------------------
All paper clips are born free, but they live in chains

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 01-14-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Belleville fetish huh? You poor man

Err ... notice how this has gone completely off topic? I'm kinda surprised it isn't closed by now hehe

~ Smurfie

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Very off topic, but uh...very cool site you found Smurfy! There! Back on topic!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.