Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Teenage mothers of multiples...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Teenage mothers of multiples...
Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hey everyone as you knwo I have twins and I thought maybe there were other multiple moms on here who want to talk or just people with questions...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know its not the same because i dont have twins but i have 2 young kids and would love to talk to teenage mothers!
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question for you, Taylor. How different is a multiple-fetus pregnancy than a singleton pregnancy? Also, are your twins fraternal or identical? Do twins run in your family? Okay, that's three questions.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A multiple pregnancy differs from a single pregnancy for one you have to be more careful not to do too much walking or avoid too much strain because the human body is only made to hold one baby...ummm yes twins run in my family my mom is a twin and my dad is a twin and my twins are boy girl so they are fraturnal...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah that is true.. i have twin brothers but also my aunts are twins.. and i think there were twins even before that... i wonder if ill be the one having twins next!

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 4 month old twins. A boy named Morgan and a girl named Laughlin. They sure are a handful sometimes, but I love them!

Pictures can be seen at http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mom_of_twins2001

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Wow...what pretty babies and names I have a set of 3 year old twins a girl named Ashleigh and a boy named skyler I also have a two month old little boy named Denze; and I agree with you it is a huge handful but I would not trade it for the world...alot of people find that hard to understand but we multiple mothers know...sooo what is one of the wirdest or stupedest questions you ever recieved about your twins?

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Taylor for the nice comments!

Hmmmm stupidest question....I'd have to say "Are those twins?" lol, yup it's pretty sad when your walking around the mall pushing a double stroller with 2 babies that look just about the same and you get a question like that! lol

I totally know what you mean. Like others say things like "I'm glad you weren't twins!" but they don't know the half of it! It's hard, but it can be a lot of fun at times too!

Good luck with Ashleigh, Skyler and Denzel!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Oh yea it is most defanetly fun...sometimes...but doesn't it suck when you hear mothers saying oh yea I am sooo tired running after a two year old all day and we have two two year olds to run after or when they say oh yea I hate brestfeeding we have to brestfeed two...it is funny how hard other mothers think they have it untill we say DOUBLE IT and that is what we are going through...lol oh well...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Oh totally! I say double diapers, double teathing, double ear infections, double flu, double car seats, double undershirts, double baby booties, and double cribs but we still get double the fun! lol

Mothers of singles can always take calmality in knowing that they had it half as easy, although being a mother of one is still difficult!

ttyl Good luck!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Oh for shure having one baby is dificult if a mother hasn't had a set of twins first I mean I have my three year old set of twins and a now 3 month old little boy and let me tel you for me having only one child is a breeze...When I was pregnant with Denzel I was like WOW AM I REALLY PREGNANT! It was a blast I could walk around and everything cause with the twins I was bed ridden cause I was only 13 but I think it is simple having just one kid at a time cause I had twins first...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Well I JUST have my twins They're only 4 months old but I've got the hang of things!

Wow bed ridden? That must have sucked! I know I was HUGE!!! I could barely walk, I waddled! Hell, I could barely reach around to wipe myself if you get the drift! I suppose being 13, you were probably a lot smaller too, I know in the begining, right after I found out I was having twins they thought it would be nessesary for me to have a C-section due to my small size,*I'm 17* but it didn't work out that way at all!

My original due date was June 14th 2000 but of course, just to make things difficult, they were born on the 17th, 3 days late. I remember thinking sometime during the 3 days "Get them outta me!!"

My labour was somewhat hard. I know it hurt a lot! 31 hours in labour. Laughlin born at 6:41pm and Morgan at 7:06pm both at 7 lbs 12 oz. I was so glad both my babies were healthy!

ttyl!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

That is cool...yea I was pretty small and being a pretty active teenager spending those last 3.5 months in bed was HORRIBLE! I hated it and I was supposedto have a c section from the very begining but it turned ouyt that the twins didn't want to wait I was in labour for 29 hours and Brendan(8lbs even) was born at 2:22 am then Ashleigh(7lbs4oz) was born at 2:26 am so it was a pretty lengthy birth then with denzel it took 12 hours and it was a breeze...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Wow that was a pretty close birth! I thought it would never end! I was pretty dazed with all the drugs they were giving me, and I didn't want anyone near me, not even my boyfriend at the time, the father!

Speaking of fathers, are you still with him? I broke up with the father of my twins, Brad in August. We're still friends, and he still helps out although not as much as he should be! I have a small hope we'll get back together, after we have some time off from each other and he grows up a little and excepts his half of the responsibility...

Anyway, ttyl!!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.