Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » first signs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first signs
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just wanted to know what kind of signs did u experience in the first two -three weeks of being pregnant?

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the obvious one being I missed my period, but I'm sure you knew that one! lol

The next change in my body was only about 1 or 2 weeks after conception, it was really tender and swollen breasts, much worse than your typical bout with PMS!

Between the 3rd and the 10th week I had extream nausea and vomiting, I missed quite a bit of school during this time, as I was still contemplating abortion and I didn't need anyone catching on, not to mention the fact that I just felt like crap altogether!

I also had frequent headaches, which stayed with me during the entire pregnancy. After the first trimester they occured less often and weren't as sevre.

I think I've covered everything...it was almost a year ago I was at this stage...oh yes, food cravings, at one point, all I wanted was BBQ sauce on mashed potatoes. Yum! lol

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay i guess i cant be pregnant.. cause well i never get periods ever since being on depo provera.. and now being off depo provera it never did return.. so something is screwed up here.. did u ever feel shapr pains in the abdominal area.. or did u ever have vaginal discharge?
Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
U2, that doesn't mean you cannot become pregnant, especially if you are having unprotected sex.

It sounds to me like you need a visit to your gynecologist ASAP.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know with both of my kids for the first 3 months i bled non-stop. although most people dont do that i was a different case. that is what made me go to the doctor and then they told me that i was pregnant.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, your gyno sounds like a plan!

I just found http://www.ausoft.com/pregnancy
on my search engine, it gives possible signs of pregnancy and other reasons besides pregnancy why these could be occuring. Check it out. ttyl!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My palms turned the brightest red you can imagine, as did the soles of my feet. And my face. I was a walking tomato. Not a normal sign of pregnancy, but i just thought I'd throw that in there.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
U2girl, I notice you're from Toronto. There's a kick *** clinic at Church and Wellesley (the gay district) called the Hassle Free Clinic. Call 423-HEYY and ask for the number and location of the clinic. They do pregnancy testing, and it's confidential.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Hey thanks you know what i think i will give that a try this week some time.

------------------
PEACE

negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the hassle-fee clinic will also give prescriptions for the MAP.

I didn't have ANY symptoms of pregnancy... or none that were recognisable to me as symptoms... My boss figured out I was pregnant long before I did.

I don't think that i would have recognised most symptoms of pregnancy - unless i'd been looking for them, which I wasn't. I was on the pill - so i thought i was protected... oops!

guess not.

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

[This message has been edited by negative*nancy (edited 16 October 2000).]

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

wow.. u never had many symptoms?? what did ur boss notice about u that made him think u were??

------------------
PEACE

negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure - he noticed that i was drinking a lot of water, which I didn't even really notice.

Probably around that time is when I started to feel sick, but i'd had a really rough winter - and I figured it was just some sort of stomach bug. I felt nauseous a lot, but i wasn't throwing up... and i was monumentally tired. I even took a day or two off to try and recouperate. I guess that's what -really- tipped him off... I just remember coming in one day and he was like "ohh! you're pregnant"
of course i denied everything... and of course I missed a period, but i've always had erratic periods, but then I got a pregnancy test soon after that just to be sure, and found out that I actually was pregnant. After that, I didn't tell anyone at work until i was almost 5 months pregnant, at which point I was starting to grow out of my clothes... so it was inevitable.

so I guess it wasn't that i didn't experience any symptoms, i just thought the symptoms were attributed to other things, but even all of these things didn't start until i was 2 months pregnant.

Oh and Skittles, i had the WORST headaches for about a month during my 3-4 months... they were BRUTAL. Thank god they didn't last like yours did... I wouldn't be able to work!

[This message has been edited by negative*nancy (edited 17 October 2000).]

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!
get this.. i went to the drug store and bought a pregnancy test today.. i figured
"okay this is something i really have to do." so i bought it brought it home and i had to go pee REALLY bad... so i firgured okay this is a good time to take the test.. i went to the bathroom.. and i discovered that my little monthly friend RETURNED! Go figure!!! right as soon as i buy a test i get my period.. but i made sure and took the test anyways and of course.. Only one line showed up and im not pregnant yay for me.. this kinda teaches me a lesson that i need to practice more safe sex cause man i was worried!! i know my bf doesnt like using condoms but i dont care hes wearing them!

------------------
PEACE

Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

YAY! That's great news U2girl! I bet you've never been as happy to see your little monthy friend as you were today huh? He he

Good luck in the future! Condoms are a girl's best friend...or something along those lines! He he!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Yes let me just say i was RELEIVED!! i was thinking either i was pregnant or i have something terribly wrong going on with me here.,.. never thought u would see a girl so happy to be on her rag eh? hahaha!

------------------
PEACE

Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that it isnt normal to have a period while pregnant but I just wanted to get yalls advice. I had unprotected sex (really bad I know and I wont do that again) about 4 weeks ago. Starting about a week and a half after having sex I started to feel sick to my stomach for the next 2 weeks. Then my breast started getting really sore like they do before my period. I got my period on day 30 of my cycle when I dont normally get it until at least day 35. I also have had a bad cold. I took a pregnancy test 3 day before my period and it was negative. My stomach is also quite pouchy. lol. That never happens during my period. But also I might just be thinking about all this too much and making my body think it is pregnant. Sorry I wrote so much but I have had alot of stuff on my mind for awhile now. So my real question would be. Can you get a period while you are pregnant? I also wanted to say that it was a really great idea to put a pregnancy board on here. So many girls are worried about pregnancy and just need some answers.
Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't get a "period" while you're pregnant, because a period is technically lining shed because an egg has gone unfertilized. However, you can have some spotting and implantation bleeding.

Try taking a test again. It certainly is possible that you're experiencing what is called a "false pregnancy," meaning you have become so convinmced you're pregnant that your body has too. BUt it is just as likely that you ARE pregnant.

Can you tell me when in your cycle (how many days after the first day of your last period) you had sex unprotected, and how regular your periods usually are?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

well i have just experienced spotting in the last 24 hours.. i took that test last night and it came out negative.. should i retest??

------------------
PEACE

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
U2girl - According to my gynecologist, whom I just visited today because I haven't had a period in the past year, lightly spotting for the first few periods you have after taking Depo is normal. Your body is just readjusting its hormonal levels and all that good stuff.
However, if taking another pregnancy test eases your mind, by all means, go for it

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Hummmm naw i havnt had any other symptoms of pregnancy.. i mean no morning sickness or anything.. but i just have had alot of moodyness lately and i always use to break out before i get my period.. and yes i have a big honkin zit right on my face... so i mean im pretty sure its just my period..
Melea
Activist
Member # 1203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex 14 days after the first day of my period. My period isnt that regular but its never more than 10 days late. This time it was like early... My cycle is about 35 days. This time it was 30 days, and not to be nasty or anything but I didnt bleed as much as I normally do, and my period didnt last as long. It lasted 4 days.
Posts: 52 | From: Celeste,Tx,USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

man why do our bodies have to be so damn complicated!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.