Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » My own baby...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My own baby...
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...is just a LITTLE more hairy than most of yours (one would hope).

But I just found the page from spring when she was a tiny puppy and I had to share.

In truth, I adore this dog, but my partner and I have been discussing having a child in the past year, and so I figured the best start (even after years of teaching Kindergartners and toddlers) was a puppy. I figure that the rough formula is: I take the work one has to do for a puppy, multiply it by ten, add on eighteen years and factor in for spending at least three times the money, and it's a small hint of what parenting a child demands.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

here's my own baby

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An ultrasound gallery, THAT'S what we need.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Michelle_Flutterfly*
Neophyte
Member # 1587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Michelle_Flutterfly*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe, the puppy was really cute, and so was your baby NN!
Posts: 19 | From: Ontario Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow! that's so *awesome,* nn!!

~lem

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandy
Activist
Member # 250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to agree with Miz S,(btw, your puppy is adorable ) I'm not ready to have a baby anytime soon, so I found an alternative by having a puppy and two recentley rescued Ferrets. (I love those little guys).
I t doesn't even remotley compare to having a child, but I figure if that's what I want someday, better to start somewhere.
NN, your baby looks beautiful, congratulations.

Posts: 46 | From: Winnepeg, MB, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Activist
Member # 1598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW NN your baby is beautiful...don't you always get curious about who this little person inside of you will look like and be like? I know that's what I wondered when I was prgnant with all my kids...CONGRATS! oh and your pupy is SOOOOOOOOOO cute...

------------------
Love,Taylor and Family
(Ashleigh,Skyler,Denzel)

Posts: 42 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BABY!!! What is it about little animals? My mum and I rewound Coronation Street several times yesterday just to look at a couple of shots of greyhound pups, and we're cat people. But there's something so wonderful about babies, especially the fuzzy ones.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want a baby!!! they are sooo cute .((((crying)))))
BTw n.n congratz. And miz.scarlet the puppy is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute what is his/her name (if you don't mind).

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nancy, what an awesome pic! A lot of times it's hard to tell if it's a baby or if it's just some random black and white dots. Yours is definetly a baby! And Mz S, *sniffles* your 'baby' is so cute too!

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe! Your puppy is really cute Mz.Scarlet! I want one!

Hee hee ultasound pics have their own way to be cute, don't you think? They're like, little black and white shapes that just make out a human and yet they are apsolutly adorable! Good luck NN!

My twins turn 4 months old on Tuesday, I can't believe I've lasted this long!

I just got a photo page up: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mom_of_twins2001

So feel free to check it out!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How wonderful nn, when is your due date? That is the clearest ultrasound picture I've ever seen! And Skittles, I'm speechless. What beautiful babies

Here I am with my baby when he was about 2 minutes old. Not me at my best, but it is my all-time favorite picture of us.

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 15 October 2000).]

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D'awwwwwww! All three are so adorable!

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Oh my god, you just made my eyes tear up. What a beautiful picture. You look like a goddess, my dear. And what a beautiful wee one.
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a perfect word to describe you...a goddess. Absolutely beuatiful picture! Now I'm definetly not judgemental or anything, but I'm just wondering how old were you in that picture?

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWWWWH... what a sweet pic!

I'm due January 18th!

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skittles
Activist
Member # 1600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skittles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AWE! That is the cutest picture ever! What a sweet baby!

Any cute details you wanna share? Names? Weight? Date? lol....

Thanx for the comments guys! He he!

------------------
Peace, love, empathy
Melissa

Posts: 68 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For anyone who's interested, I finally took the time to write out my birth story
http://aria54.tripod.com/evan.html

Don't worry, I left out the goriest of details.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

agh... that made me cry!

of course, these days everything makes me cry, especially baby stories. I read Yantra's 300 words on girlmom.com... and i pretty much bawled my eyes out.

I also cried when i watched a baby being born on the discovery channel.

PinkY
Neophyte
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cried for the first time in my life form reading something , that was so cute aria51 your baby is soooo cute I want to hold him in my arms.
BTw contratz on having such a cute little baby boy.

Posts: 33 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Yep, I'm getting to be one of those maternal 'gee, have you seen pictures of my baby? Here are some more!' types.

He's not just a baby. He's my body guard.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that is just so adorable ...

And i've always been one of those people that say "oh there's no way i'm having kids" ... And now i'm starting to reconsider. Of course it's not like i'm gonna do that asap ... i'm 16 and not done high school. If i do decide to have kids, i want to be at least 30 i guess ... i dunno. Just my opinion tho

For now i have my own lil baby ... my kitty When i get a pic of her, i'll put it up too so she doesn't feel left out teehee

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.