Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What is the opposite of premature ejaculation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the opposite of premature ejaculation?
dylan19
Activist
Member # 109991

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dylan19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last few relationships I have been in, I found that I do not have trouble getting erect. But it does take me an incredible amount of time to orgasm. To the point that I sometimes have to ask the girl if she wants to stop or rest if she is pleasuring me. The 3rd time I had sex with my last girlfriend I really had to tell her to rest and let me do something instead. I am not all that brilliant at bringing girls to orgasm and luckily I have been with girls who do not fake it so at least I know that, but they find it a lot easier than me??Its not like I do not find womens bodies attractive or anything else about them, I absolutely do!!I don't tell anyone about this, the only person I told said to me that I should be grateful and kinda hinted I was bragging, which Ia m definitely not. sex sessions that last hours sound great 'in theory' but the girl starts to wonder if there is 'something wrong with her' if it takes a guy that long. The girl before that, after we broke up, kept hinting that I am gay and do not realise it, but I know I am not. What is this 'problem' called and should it affect intimacy?
Posts: 51 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dylan,

It can be hard to know why orgasm does or doesn't happen.
Sometimes when it takes a while for folks of any gender to reach orgasm (or they don't reach it at all) during sex, it can be because there's something off in the situation: someone might be stressed or distracted from sex, there might be an issue in the relationship that's bleeding into sexual enjoyment. Sometimes, though, it might just be that the kind of sex you're having isn't working so well right now, and you might want to try something else, or just take a break from sex altogether for a bit.

I think you might find this article helpful: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

It doesn't mean anything's wrong with you. Bodies aren't machines, and don't always perform as we expect or want them to. And if women you're with are giving you a hard time about it, or think that there's something wrong with her because you aren't orgasming, it might be that they have some misconceptions about how all this works, too.
I do think it's always a good idea to talk with partners about sex, including what's working or not working for you, what you enjoy, etc. and if someone says "is there something wrong with me?" you can explain what you do enjoy about sex with her, even if you're not reaching orgasm, or talk about ways you think you might be able to.

[ 07-07-2014, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Molias ]

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acb
Activist
Member # 108645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dylan! I scanned through the article Molias posted and I think that there's a lot of useful stuff in there, especially about sex not just being about orgasm. On top of it, I just thought that I'd mention that this is something that happens with me and my partner and something that we've been working with in our relationship so if you want to have a chat about that then I'd be happy to! I'd like to check with him if it's OK for me to share what he's told me about his feelings here but even if he's not comfortable with that then I can give you my female point of view on how I feel/ have felt about that in our relationship, if you want. [Smile]
Posts: 49 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.