Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Period or..?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period or..?
emanueljr
Neophyte
Member # 110635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emanueljr         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had protected sex. And I was waiting on my girlfriend to get her period two weeks from now to kinda confirm an already confirmed idea that she wasn't pregnant.She got her period.. I think.

It was scheduled to happen in two weeks. She's naturally irregular but she got it a day ago. I've read about implantation bleeding. I've read about rare bleeding just randomly. She tries to tell me its her period because she has cramps near her ovaries which is apparently where she always get them, her blood is darkish red (sorry tmi?). Its not often that it happens, but its been extremely heavy. Let me remind you that I'm a guy so idk what "heavy" is, but in the last 2 days she's gone through 10 tampons, 7 in the first day and she had diarrhea the first day. She said she's doing better for day 2 but still went through 3-4.

I'm wanting this to be her period. I don't want this to be anything with any correlation to pregnancy. I'm not really sure what to think. She's had heavy periods before some early some late because she's irregular. What is it?

I understand that according to the rules she is supposed to ask for herself and make an account but I want to figure it out without scaring her. I don't want her to stress.

Posts: 9 | From: massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, your girlfriend is saying that she thinks she is, in fact, having her period? And she is not at all concerned that it may be something else? If so, the best thing you can do is trust her and believe her. She knows her body best.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emanueljr
Neophyte
Member # 110635

She may well know but might not be telling to not have me concerned. Its just a predicament at this point. Anything to do with pregnancy cause as much bleeding as she's having? I'm not looking solely for assurance, I'd just like to know for myself as well I guess.
Posts: 9 | From: massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emanueljr
Neophyte
Member # 110635

She may well know but might not be telling to not have me concerned. Its just a predicament at this poin. Can anything to do with pregnancy cause as much bleeding as she's having? I'm not looking solely for assurance, I'd just like to know for myself as well I guess.
emanueljr
Neophyte
Member # 110635

I apologize for the triple post, the last one was a copy that somehow posted twice.

I'm not a naive kid looking for assurance, just in this circumstance I'd just like to be better informed so that for whatever it may be, I could be prepared.

Volunteer Ruth
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 110582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Volunteer Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some kinds of bleeding can happen during pregnancy, but it's pretty uncommon and doesn't manifest itself as being entirely period-like. Implantation bleeding is usually only a day or so of light spotting, so the usual symptoms your girlfriend is describing of the cramps near her ovaries and a heavy flow? Means it's most likely that she's on her normal period.

Furthermore, as you've described having protected sex, you would have a very slim chance at pregnancy to start with.

I think you can trust that it's just a period, right now.

Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.