Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I don't know what's going on with my body

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what's going on with my body
Lemia
Neophyte
Member # 110566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last few weeks I got my period or what seemed like a period for about 6 day but way lighter than usual and I went to the doctors and turned out I have a uti and constipation. Well I took the medications the doctors prescribed to me and on and off I have pain only on my left side of my body and recently out of nowhere my nipples have become inverted and flat it was never that way before they always stuck out and theres a bit of blue veins but I've been searching online and it always came up with that could be a sign of breast cancer or early pregnancy but I'm only 15 which would be strange. I have a doctors appointment on the 19th so I'll see what's going on. From all the links you guys hae given me it seems like I am not pregnant so it can't be that even though I'm so paranoid [Frown]
Posts: 35 | From: Palm Springs | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OhImpecuniousOne
Activist
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your age doesn't make a difference to whether or not you could be pregnant - the question there is whether or not you've had sex of the kinds which can cause pregnancy. It definitely does sound like your doctor is going to be the only person who can give you a good answer here, because you've got multiple possible symptoms going on, plus a UTI, plus drugs - all of that makes it really impossible for anyone who's not a doctor, with the ability to examine you and run tests, to say what's wrong.

My one piece of highly qualified* medical** advice is this: ban yourself from google, webmd, yahoo answers or wherever else you've been reading. The internet is full of people who don't know anything about medicine making wild guesses, repeating urban legends, and totally misinterpreting their own personal anecdotes. The internet will tell you that if you sneeze, you have cancer. No, really. I suppose that means that with the amount of hayfever I've had this weekend, I'm already dead! Sit tight, do some self care to help you calm down and be less frightened, and then go ask these questions of your doctor, not of the internet. [Smile] *hugs*

*Totally unqualified
**Totally non-medical

Posts: 106 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemia
Neophyte
Member # 110566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if a guy forcefully made me stroke his penis or whatever you would like to call it and started fingering me without any fluid on his hands that I know of and had told me he did not come at all but when he forcefully made me touch his penis he has gotten some type of fluid onto the spaces between my thumb and finger next to it but not on my finger nail or at least I didn't feel it go there but after he left I was stupid enough to not wash my hands and I'd say about thirty minutes to an hour later I did masturbate.. Worst thing I feel I ever did. So the few questions I do have is if he didn't come then what was that fluid on my hands? What I'm describing to you does it sound that I'm at risk for pregnancy? I'm sorry for posting so much on this site I just don't know what to do. I was never sexually active before this happened. I have so much guilt and feel like if I never allowed this person into my house this would have never happened. My mom would freak out on me if I did become pregnant because I know how strict she can be. I've been so stressed over this thinking what if i am pregnant my life will be over. When I took that urine test while at the hospital the doctor told me "don't worry your not pregnant" how could she know that? Yes I do believe I have some type of anxiety because I stress a lot of most things and it just doesn't seem normal.
Posts: 35 | From: Palm Springs | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemia, I just re-read your first post, and I've seen that there and here you said the guy forced you to touch his penis. I'm really sorry we missed that the first time you said it.

With your pregnancy worries, the information we've given you about how pregnancy can and cannot happen still applies.

The liquid that was on his penis was probably pre-ejaculate.

Feeling forced into sexual activity can be a big source of pregnancy fears, and of guilt. There is nothing you should feel guilty about, though: letting someone into our house is not an invitation for sexual activity, and never an excuse for them forcing us to do something.

While we can't magic away your pregnancy fears (as much as we'd like to, truly), how else can we help you?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemia
Neophyte
Member # 110566

I'm sorry for posting so many times I'm just so scared. but if how pregnancies can or cant happen a certain does this mean what happened can have a pregnancy risk? I remember reading something on this site saying it may be a risk but not likely. if that pre come was on my fingers but did not go into my vagina right away would that still be a risk? I know it might not post a risk since I've taken a urine test at the ER and theyve told me I am not pregnant I still feel like what if they messed up. Ugh. As you can see I have many doubts. I know inviting a person into my house was wrong but If I knew that was going to happen I wouldn't have invited this guy over. And what disgusts me is he has done this to other girls. After that experience I think I will be very careful with I bring to my house. But I just feel like I'm all alone I don't think anyone will understand and the only person I've told this to has said to report it but I just can't because it'll cause more problems and what if they blame it on me because I made the mistake of opening the door to this person.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can trust the result of the test in the ER: it's very, very unlikely that medical professionals would mess up a pregnancy test. Too, you're not describing a pregnancy risk in the first place. As you can see in our material that we've linked you to, if you did not have direct genital-to-genital contact and did not have someone ejaculate directly onto your genitals, you did not have a pregnancy risk.

No-one who is well-informed about consent and assault would blame you for this. It wasn't your fault. Who was the person you told, and did they seem generally supportive of you?

It's correct that you have the option of reporting this, but it's completely your choice about whether you do or not. If reporting is something you want to consider, we can talk about that with you and likely connect you with people who are familiar with the process where you are and who will support you. If you don't want to report it, or you don't want to right now, we can also connect you with people near you just to support you and be people you can talk to, people who are trained in this and will not blame you. Is any of that something you would like?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemia
Neophyte
Member # 110566

That's true. I can't believe I haven't found this website any sooner you guys are amazing at what you do thanks for helping people and giving out the right informationit really helps [Smile]

Well the person I told kept insisting I report it but I just don't think I'm ready to at least not yet but they keep saying "If you don't tell your mom what happened I will" they don't seem to respect that I don't want anyone in my family knowing.But if you can connect me to people near that would be great. [Smile]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Lemia.

Who you might want to start by contacting is the Coachella Valley Sexual Assault Services; Rape Crisis Center, which I believe is near you: http://riverside.networkofcare.org/aging/services/agency.aspx?pid=CoachellaValleySexualAssaultServices_38_1_0

A service/resource like that is all about advocating for YOU and helping you figure out what choices you want to make with all of this -- including reporting or not -- and getting you the support you need.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68213 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemia
Neophyte
Member # 110566

Thank you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.