Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Rash around vaginal area??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rash around vaginal area??
taylorlover
Neophyte
Member # 110205

Icon 5 posted      Profile for taylorlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months ago, I went to an OBGYN because I thought I had some kind of infection. Turns out that everything on the genitalia side was fine, and that it was just the skin that was causing the problem. I went to a dermatologist and they never exactly found out what it was. It went away by itself after a few months, but now its back.
From where the thighs meet the pelvis, down the thighs about an inch or two, there is a reddish/brown area. The rash area is mostly where the two thighs and pelvis meet. On the edge of that area are some bumps. It is very itchy. I can't tell if some of the vaginal discharge I'm having is normal or not, nor can I tell if the odor is normal or not.
I have never been sexually active.
Any ideas on what this could be, or do I need to see a doctor?
I'm not uncomfortable with talking to my mom about it, as I talked to her about it before, but if I can solve this issue on my own, that would be better.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi taylorlover,

That certainly sounds uncomfortable, but it's really not something we can diagnose without an examination.

This could just be friction from your thighs rubbing (especially if it's warm where you are) but I'd expect a doctor would be able to tell if that were the case. If it continues to be uncomfortable, I think going back to the doctor will be the best plan.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.