Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » little lump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: little lump
redpetals
Neophyte
Member # 109462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redpetals     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a week ago i noticed a small lump in my right breast that hurt when i pushed on it. Every day I would check if it was still there and it was but today when I checked it was gone. Just wondering if that's normal?
Posts: 22 | From: Middle East | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi redpetals,

Generally speaking, if you find a lump (especially if it's painful), it is sound to have a checked by a healthcare provider. Many breast lumps turn out to be benign, but it's sound to find out what's going on all the same.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redpetals
Neophyte
Member # 109462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redpetals     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for replying so promptly:)
Well I spoke to my mom and she said we'd schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider as soon as possible but I think she forgot. I'm hesitant to remind her because I'm still trying to convince myself I'm not pregnant so I want to wait a little while longer till i'm 100% at ease so I don't make a scene at the doctor's office and get into trouble for no reason, but at the same time I don't want to be putting myself at risk if there's something threatening my health.
I know I'm being a bit unreasonable with this; I was just wondering if anyone has come to you with a similar case of abnormality in their breasts or if you know anything that could cause this?

Posts: 22 | From: Middle East | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome [Smile]

I would check-in with your mom about the status of your appointment. It may be that, even if she schedule's it right after you bring it up, you will have at least a few days to find a plan for managing any anxiety that happens while at the appointment.

We can't really say what might have caused the lump you felt, but we do know that lumps and other abnormalities are something that occurs in more than just a few people. You may want to give this piece a read through (the section of interest is towards the bottom)
Abreast: The Basics of Boobies

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redpetals
Neophyte
Member # 109462

Unfortunately the piece you've suggested is blocked where I am at the moment. Thanks for the help though I'll read it as soon as possible:)

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.