Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Need Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help!
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

Something weird has been going on these days...
While i'm peeing, when i'm finishing it, it burns a little...
I'm watching what's going on down there, so anything unsual happen i would see...
So i have no weird discharge, no weird smell, pain or anything, just this burning that isn't much...
I schadule a ginecologyst but they only have appointement to july 9th, about 3 months from now. '-'
I'm worried!
What could it be?

I'm freaking out, cause, what if it's some kinda of std? My bf said he got tested...
Could it be my soap that irritated that area? What could it be?

I'm sorry cause i always come here with a different concern and question, but you guys really help me.

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silvergirl_sailing_on
Activist
Member # 110025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silvergirl_sailing_on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, so I'm not a real Scarleteen volunteer or anything, I'm just a newbie too, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case it can be of help to you. Only a doctor is going to be able to diagnose anything specific or rule out anything specific. It's good that you're keeping an eye on things. I'd recommend that you maybe try to get an appointment with your GP since it's such a long wait for the gynecologist- if it did happen to be an STI you'd want to get it sorted ASAP, but at the same time, even if it was as simple as a mild UTI, there's no sense in suffering if it can be sorted out quicker. If you've changed your soap recently though it could be your soap- in the meantime you could consider switching to a more delicate soap, just in case. Hope you can get it resolved soon [Smile]

--------------------
~Ciara

"Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine, all your dreams are on their way."

Posts: 40 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I wish we knew, but unfortunately we can't, and don't. We don't dole out medical advice, nor do we diagnose over the Internet, so your best bet is to see a doctor if you're super duper worried. Or just wait it out, see if your body fights it off first.

OK?

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarrDust1891     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for you replies Silvergirl and Patricia.
I'll see what i can do for myself... hope it's nothing serious!

Thank you so much for the support.

--------------------
"Quiet people have the loudest minds."

Posts: 35 | From: horror beach | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silvergirl_sailing_on
Activist
Member # 110025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silvergirl_sailing_on     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, hope you get it all sorted soon [Smile]

--------------------
~Ciara

"Sail on silver girl, sail on by. Your time has come to shine, all your dreams are on their way."

Posts: 40 | From: Scotland | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

Guys, here i am one more time...
Not in therms of diagnosis, but.... what could it be? If at the end of my peeing i feel a little soreness?
And nothing else abnormal besides that...
Im sorry for the insistence. But, this could be symptom of whats diseases?

silvergirl_sailing_on
Activist
Member # 110025

The truth is, individual symptoms like this can be linked to more illnesses/diseases than you could even list. For example a headache on its own could (especially if you google it, because some sites online are just there to scaremonger) be a sign of anything from stress to blood clots in the brain. It *could* be any of the things we mentioned previously, it could be something entirely different (although I can't think of anything off the top of my head.) However, the important thing really isn't what it *could* be, but what it *is* and the only person who can tell you that is your doctor. They're also the only person who is going to be able to actually fix it by prescribing something or by telling you what you can do to fix it. In the meantime, I'd still consider trying delicate soap in case it's irritation. You could also try to make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and try drinking cranberry juice, as both of these help to clear up UTIs, but won't do you any harm if that's not what it is. One of these or a combination of them might give you some relief until you can see a doctor. Do you think you will be able to make an appointment with your GP for anytime soon? Hope you're feeling less anxious about this soon. [Smile]

--------------------
~Ciara

StarrDust1891
Neophyte
Member # 109581

I don't know, cause i can't tell my mom. I'll try to call the gyno again to see if i can get it reschedule sooner. Cause i really don't have a clue of what to do without telling my mom, cause if it's an uti.... ok, fine. But what if it's and std? She would kill me. And my bf. X.X
silvergirl_sailing_on
Activist
Member # 110025

Hey, so I'm from the UK and I don't know if maybe things are handled differently where you're from and maybe that's part of why I'm not following as well. Do you need to go through your mom to make a GP appointment? However all the same, I'm sure patient confidentiality applies just the same where you're from as here, though don't quote me, you'd be better to get that information from someone who knows for sure. If it's easier to get in touch with the gynecologist than your GP then I'd say go for that. Also make sure to tell them that it's for a specific issue so they don't think it's just for a check-up. Try asking if they have any cancellation appointments too. [Smile]

--------------------
~Ciara

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.