Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Weird Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Period
dancer594
Activist
Member # 28917

Icon 11 posted      Profile for dancer594     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

So I usually have pretty irregular cycles.. In fact, I went to the gyno last week, and she explained it was because I exercise lots and have low body fat, so basically my body is telling me I can't get pregnant. Usually I have really long cycles.. At least 30 days apart, but I started bleeding yesterday (day 20 of my cycle), and it's still happening today. Here's what's funny about it... I usually have AWFUL cramps. But right now, I have ZERO symptoms of a period, except moderately heavy bleeding. Breasts are a little tender, but no pain whatsoever. 2 questions--1. my Dr perscribed me birth control to help regulate my period, and she said to start taking it the SUnday following the start of my next period.... Is this my period?! It's just so wacky compared to what I'm used too. Also, why would this be happening randomly? Thanks in advance!!

Posts: 65 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How could we know for sure if this is your period or not? Period psychics we are not. [Smile]

Really, it's the person having a period who is the only one who can know that, save a healthcare provider who can check for other reasons you might be having vaginal bleeding.

But unless you have had issues before with heavy vaginal bleeding, or any health conditions which might cause that, it sounds like this is probably your period.

And, since you have access to healthcare, clearly, if in doubt about starting that pill with this or not, you could always call your doctor and ask.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.