Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Hormone cycle makes me hungry, any suggestions?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hormone cycle makes me hungry, any suggestions?
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I get a day or two at a time when I feel constantly hungry. I'm pretty sure it's connected to my menstrual cycle. Does anyone else have this problem? I'd like to know some suggestions for filling foods or ways to suppress appetite, so I don't end up binging.

Also, my thoughts are a lot clearer now, though I'm still getting the odd obsessive bout. I'm going to go back to the counsellor for a bit, but I'm functioning a lot better now.

[ 06-11-2012, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: mizchastain ]

Posts: 475 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to read that you're feeling better, Mizchastain! As far as your being hungry, I'm not sure if I can give you any informed advice. Sometimes I get hungry during my cycle, too; and I just have some snacks now and then to try and tide me over until dinner. Maybe try eating fruits or drink water - water might fill you up. I also sometimes eat smaller but more meals during the day; so maybe that might help you, as well.

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Copper's ideas are right on. Fill up on healthy foods (fruits and veggies are very filling because of their fiber content) and of course allow yourself a few treats as it works for you.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.