Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Its one of those trademark questions....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Its one of those trademark questions....
Arthur Lexington
Neophyte
Member # 95913

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Arthur Lexington     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I wish to get a few things out of the way because it is one of those billion-times-asked questions that I want an answer on.

1. Its a penis size question.

2. Trolls, I guarantee I am or have people more powerful than you. Go away.

3. Scientific backing / studies evidence would be much appreciated.

3b. I suffer from paranoia as well, that is the reason for this..

ON TO THE QUESTION!

If you have made it this far without a tl;dr or a back and move on, yay, you can help me.

So, my girlfriend's brother leaked to me his penis size very triumphantly along an unrestricted channel and that got me thinking "huh I wonder what i am"

and so i measure.

Just over 4" and im 14 years old.

My girlfriends brother is about 2.5 times my size and the same age.

RED FLAG, LOCKDOWN PARANOIA.

Will it still grow?

Am I normal?

My girlfriend is 2 years older than me and her brother, trying to get back at me for whatever-the-hell decided to tell me about the time she was sexually active with someone who was almost 10".

I feel indaquate and highly nervous.

I need some answers with scientific backing.

Someone help me!!

-Lexington.

--------------------
Pax est mendacium, Mundus est mendacium, Fatum Terminatum

Posts: 13 | From: [CLASSIFIED] | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcoem to Scarleteen, Arthur!

I have good news for you: you are completely normal. You are in the middle of puberty still, and your penis likely will continue to grow. Even if it were to stop right there, though, you'd be completely average in size: the average penis is about 5-6 inches when erect.

That aside, penis size also has zero implications on your ability to be a good lover or boyfriend.

(And also: because lots of people make such a Huge Deal out of penis size, you'll also not always want to trust someone who tells you they have the biggest penis ever. It's entirely likely they feel inadequate, themselves, and are trying to cover up.)

Here's a couple of articles that may also help you:
Innies & Outies: The Penis, Testes and More
Not Everything You Wanted To Know About Puberty (But Pretty Darn Close)

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Lexington
Neophyte
Member # 95913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Lexington     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the answer along with the scientific backings, I'm pretty sure you guys get quite a bit of these penis size questions, I really just needed an impartial audience, and while I cant be sure what he said was true unless I recieve confirmation on it, but my 'size' has given me alot a grief in the past in conjunction with my paranoia, and being with a sexually active girlfriend when I myself am not brings alot more paranoia into play than before.

--------------------

Posts: 13 | From: [CLASSIFIED] | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, this link covers a ton of these questions, in depth, with stats, all in one fell swoop: Shown Actual Size: A Penis Shape & Size Lowdown

Also, a tip? If and when someone has had a few sexual partners, they usually know MORE about the diversity of bodies rather than less. In other words, your girlfriend, if she has seen a few penises, probably has more of a sense of the range of them than you do, so that can be less reason to worry instead of more. [Smile]

Also, if she herself doesn't have a penis, she probably could care less about penis size, anyway. It's most often people with penises who care about that, not people without them.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Lexington
Neophyte
Member # 95913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Lexington     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! Dat answer!.

Still thanks infinitely for the scientific backup for your answers, again its just to quell my paranoia, there have been very few fights between the two of us over that (More has ocurred over who has next on Halo) but again, its a trademark question for guys and I feel like a total Noob (Gamer term) for asking, but I needed the help when nobody else could.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.