Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Song my harasser used to sing stuck in my head.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song my harasser used to sing stuck in my head.
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back when I was about fifteen, I was verbally and sexually harassed on the school bus on a daily basis. Mostly I'm over this now, but one thing is getting to me right at the moment. The boy who used to harass me most used to lean over and sing "Don't You Want Me" in my ear - the bus was too small and usually too crowded for me to simply move to another seat. No offence meant to any fans, but I hated this song even before he started that. To this day I sometimes I get the song stuck in my head again, and it's irritating me out of my mind. Anyone got any recommended ways of getting it out?
Posts: 461 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treetops
Activist
Member # 44381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treetops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry this is going on for you, mizchastain, it sounds distressing.

A couple of things that might help - listening to the song all the way through once might get it out of your head (it works sometimes for me), although of course you may not want to do that. Also you might try putting other music on (the catchier the better, so it can replace the other song), or listening to something like a radio programme - anything that distracts your brain enough to stop the song going round in your head.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Posts: 158 | From: europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.