Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My body is awesome! And yours is too! :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My body is awesome! And yours is too! :)
Lauren057
Neophyte
Member # 85016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauren057     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to start a post (might already be one, but who even knows)about all of us young women and how totally freaking AWESOME our bodies are. I am a biology student, and I am shocked and awed everyday by things that our bodies do for us!
I love my body. I'm 5'6', I weigh almost 145lb,and have some reasonably newly acquired curves [Smile] I work with horses, if I was tiny, my body would not be as able to do the things I love with it.
I love dancing and running and riding horses. I also love enjoying something else my body was meant to do, sex. I love the way whoever I'm with enjoys my body, and I love enjoying their body. OI have endometriosis, which is a condition where your uterine lining grows outside your uterus. So, even though my body hurts me, and somedays I wish I could have a different one, mine is perfect the way it is <3
Let's hear it for all of our gorgeous, lovely, bodies, that do all of the things we love to do so well!

--------------------
Lauren :)

Posts: 25 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitties20
Neophyte
Member # 95092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitties20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 20 years old and i am also a biology student! Our bodies have such a great organization with every process. I absolutely love it.

I am 5'6 and my weight is 120 pounds. I am severely allergic eggs, so that takes out a lot of food from my diet. Sometimes I feel like I can trust my body. All the allergies and sudden paranoia about my throat closing up takes a lot out of me. But its the greatest feeling when you realize that you're okay. I also used to think i was pretty stupid when i was younger. i never used to do so well in school. but once i realized how good i was at bio, i realized that i can be something and be smart. So i've worked hard from there. it made me think about how the brain really works when you start to form goals. The sudden urge and hunger for happiness and success really makes you work hard and your brain open to lots of new things. regardless of my allergies and carrying benadryls, claritins, epipens and my hate for organic chemistry messing with my brain, (need to take it to fullfil my bio major!) i still and always love my body [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 24 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for such a wonderful happy thread, Lauren! [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm quite content with my body as is. [Smile]

I am 5'7 and weigh 135 lbs. Based on the overall structure and appearance of my physique, I would say that I am a mesomorph. As such, I have large bones, am muscular, and carry most of my weight on my torso. I think that I may be heavier than many of my peers due to aforementioned factors, but I don't care. I'm very healthy, and that's all that matters.

I also enjoy the fact that I can dress in a variety of styles and still look good. Due to my full breasts, I go well with clothes that emphasizes the cleavage. Also, my lack of the hourglass figure and my broad shoulders means that I can fit really well into shirts from the male department. I enjoy cross-dressing on occasion. [Smile]

A toast to my body and its uniqueness.

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristy-nnn
Neophyte
Member # 47899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristy-nnn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 5'1 and 110 lbs, and I am very petite. I wear clothes that I like, regardless of whether or not they flatter my figure. I have always been very fit and enjoy rugby, roller derby and running. I also ride horses and have an 18hh WB that I show in 1.15 jumpers, so I don't think being tiny has anything to with it! I love that I am small enough to ride ponies but fit enough to ride my giant of a horse.

I suffer from IBS and it makes my life very difficult sometimes. I feel stressed when I am eating in public or on roadtrips because I'm always scared I'll have an episode. It also makes me really tired alot of the time, and hard to put muscle onto my body because I have trouble digesting so many foods. I still love my body though, because of all the things it can do and the way it looks.

--------------------
Kristyn.

Susan B Anthony
Forever aunting me
Owned, raped, sold and thrown
A woman was never her own

Elizabeth Cady
Forever reminding me
I don't steal the air I breathe
Freedom rise up for me

Posts: 2 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.