Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Unexplained Horrible Stomach Pains

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unexplained Horrible Stomach Pains
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

For the past week I've been experiencing unexplained stomach pains. Two days ago, on Sunday, I had to stay in bed the whole day because the pain was on-and-off. I thought that was the last of it, but today, in the morning, I had a vicious stab of stomach pain that lasted about an hour and half, then went away.

I don't think that the pain could be due to food poisoning or contracting a cold, because I've had those before and it's usually much more nauseating than painful. Another reason I'm considering is that the pain could be physical symptoms experienced as an effect of PTSD (which I was diagnosed with), but should it be this intense?

I haven't been to see a doctor yet, but I might have to soon. This is becoming a huge problem since the pain was so horrible today that I had to miss school. Does anyone know possibly why this is happening, or has experienced it? Thanks a bunch!

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are not doctors and this is not a sexual health concern, so we cannot do much for you here. Your best bet with any unexplained pain taht goes on for more than a day or so is always to consult a doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, I'm sorry about that.
Please delete this topic if you like.

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.