Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I slit my wrists. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I slit my wrists.
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Icon 9 posted      Profile for OneOfThree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I know this is pretty heavy to be my fist post but I'm really scaired...
Okay, so I'm thirteen, and I've been slitting my wrists. alot. I counted my cuts today and I have 60 somthing. I don't know what to do, my friends know at school because you can't really hide when your friends see you get changed. no one in my family know, and I wanna keep it that way.. I just need advise.
I have a few resons I do it, to be honest. I think I'm gay, well lesbien. I hate it, really hate it... I don't get on with my mom and she is always telling me of, I don't like the way I look, I want to be someone compleetly difrent... thinner and prettyer with nice hair...
some please help...

Posts: 89 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry that you are hurting yourself and seem to be in so much pain. Wanna start by talking about why you think being gay is such a bad thing? You are only 13 years old and I doubt you have had enough experience or relationships to back yourself into a corner as being strictly one orientation, usually you need to evaluate how you feel over time to get familiar with who you are a sexual being. But if in time you still feel like you identify as a lesbian, that doesn't make you a bad person, nor should it give you a reason to hate yourself for it. It is okay to be who you are and you shouldn't be ashamed of it. Being a teenager has so many challenges and most of us can remember feeling the way that you do now. Usually, you gain a lot more self confidence when you get older, though I know that doesn't help you much now. How about thinking of some things that you DO like about yourself and focusing on those for the time being? Being insecure about your body is a typical thing for your age because your body is going though a lot of changes and it is still growing. If you don't like how you look now, it is just as likely that in a year's time, you will look very different. Give yourself the space and time to grow before passing such harsh judgment on yourself. How long has the cutting been going on? If you can't talk to your parents (which I really wish you would) do you feel comfortable talking to a counselor at school? What you are doing is dangerous and I want you to get help. No matter how horrible you think you are, I know there is nothing so awful about you that you deserve to be in pain. You won't believe a word of this now but I am telling you the truth, school flies by so fast and it will be over before you know it, your teenage years fly by as well. As you get older you will see that self-esteem comes from the inside out, it isn't just about physical appearance. You have reasons to love yourself, you just aren't giving them much thought right now and are just focusing on the negative. You understandably need some help to get through this, we all need help sometimes and that is okay. I suggest you talk to a trusted adult about this because I think you are experiencing depression. Please do this before you go too far with this. You are a worthwhile person and you deserve help for this. Please take care.
Posts: 172 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneOfThree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why I think it is such a bad thing, I meen it's not that it's just that I serously wish that I wasn't. I feel like I'm cheeting on my friends, I meen I don't like think about any of my close friends in that way but I feel as if I'm perving on them or somting...
I did it for about a week, but only a little bit, 6 cuts at max. I'm doing it alot more now, everyday, and doing alot more cutting. I can't talk to my pairenst, like serously I can't. there weard with me, they prefure my brother and sister because there smarter and I'm pretty sure I'm just the mistake at the end they didn't get rid of.
I can't really approch a councler at school, I have a reputachion as a good girl when it comes to teachers, and i don't want to loose that. also my schools councling is really werd, you can't just go upto someone and ask for help, I don't even know where I'd go.
you don't know me, I may seem stupid online, just some poor kid but I'm not. I desurve what I'm dooing. I'm sure of that. all the things I said about not beeing pretty or nice there all true, I'm just some idiot...
thank you for you're help. reeally though there is no one I can talk to, I don't even know how to start a convirsachion with someone about it, not a teacher at least.

Posts: 89 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not any of the things that you're calling yourself. You're right, you're someone on the other end of the internet and I can't know anything else about you other than what you have put in your posts, but trust me when I tell you you are not worthless, you are worth the world.

You've done a really brave thing coming on here and telling us that you cut yourself. Speaking up to anyone, even if they're someone you can't see.

There is nothing wrong with being a lesbian. To boot you're not too young to know you are. Orientation is fluid and you may feel differently with time, but you can defiantly know are right now.

You do need someone, in person, to help you with this. Because while we can offer you emotional support and advise, that is not enough. You say that your friends know that you cut yourself: are any of these friends someone you feel you would be able to talk to about this, so that they can get you help, so that you can have someone in person to talk to? If so I urge you to do that immediately.

I don't know your parents, but I know that most parents don't favour one child over the other and that even if they do that doesn't mean they won't help ALL their children. If you were to tell your parents about cutting yourself, how do you think they would react? Would they do everything in their power to help you?

You will need to talk to someone in person eventually and sooner than later, I'm sure that you realize that. Who do you think is the best person in your life to talk to?

Are you having suicidal thoughts at this time?

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoName     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are worse things to be in life than being gay, really. It isn't harmful to anyone and it doesn't make you a bad or dirty person. That is why I said earlier that you are so young that you don't have to commit to being gay or straight right now, it is a confusing time and you will become more sure of how you feel as you get older. It is certainly nothing to work yourself up over now, because really, you are okay having these feelings and they are normal. You aren't a pervert, not at all. Even straight people find members of their own gender attractive, sexual attraction isn't just as simple as saying "i think my girlfriend is pretty, so I must be a lesbian." If you found yourself attracted to a friend who was a boy, would you feel less of a "perv"? If so, think about it, what is the difference? It's okay to find someone attractive and it isn't perverted to do so, nor does it define who we are.

So you feel inferior to your brother and sister and they are older than you right? Well, I don't know your parents but I am sure they don't "prefer" them to you, just maybe that they are older and they can relate to them more right now, and I am sorry that is hurting you. I think you should at least try talking to them. I don't know many parents that would want to see their child harming themselves. As for the counselor, it is okay to see one. Your teachers aren't going to see you as bad for talking to one, why would they? The counselor is there to help people, all kinds of people and having problems doesn't make you "bad," if it did, we would all be doomed to being horrible people. Also, I am pretty sure you can just go up to them and "ask for help." They is actually how it works. You can ask a teacher for help so that you can do it more secretly if you wish. You are right, I don't know you but I do know this, you are 13 sweetie, 13. How horrible could you possibly be? You have really really low self-esteem, and I get that. You do NOT deserve what you are doing, not even close. I wouldn't wish for someone to cut themselves unless they were serial killers or something that horrible, certainly I wouldn't wish it on a young woman who thinks she isn't good enough. You are not an idiot, quite the opposite really. You had enough common sense to get on here and ask for help didn't you? That right there shows how smart you really are. Also remember, your idea of "pretty" is not the same as everyone else's so really, how you see yourself is not how everyone else sees you. Listen, I think tomorrow when you go to school, you should ask a teacher you trust if they have a minute to talk to you in private, and when they do, ask them if they can help you start seeing a counselor, how about that? You don't have to let anyone else know and your teacher will understand you wanting to be private about it, I know this because I worked in the school system with a school counselor and this is typically how it works. All kinds of people see counselors, me included...rich people, poor people, good people, "bad" people, stupid people, smart people, they are all just labels really. We are all just human at the end of the day and we all need help sometimes, give yourself a break.

Posts: 172 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneOfThree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to moonlight bouncing of water -
my dads a shrink, he think he knows everything. if I tell him he'll analize me, tell me what medical problems I have and that's it. end of it, he wont help. I'm really not close enough with my mom. we don't talk about that kind of stuff - were not friends.
all my friends that know don't do anything about it. they saw in PE because we have to ware short sleeve tops and you can see my arms, basicly my best friend said it was just descusting and if I didn't stop she'd never talk to me again and my other friends just told me it was gross.
I don't really have any 'best person to talk to' I have teachers that I like but I'm to socaly aqward to talk to them and I'm scaired they'll tell my mom and dad.
I am having suicidle thoughts, I want to die, dissapear it would be so much easyer If I wern't alive.
to no name -
thank you. I am scaired. I'm the smart good kid, I do my homework and I'm the head school councler (like the head girl) I'm a peer mentor and all that. I don't know how I could talk to a teacher, there always so busy. they don't want to talk to me. I'm just really confused, I spend half my time hoping someone will help and the other half worrying about someone finding out...

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to tell someone, right now, that you are having suicidal thoughts.

Here's a link that may help, but that WILL NOT take the place of telling someone:

http://www.self-injury.net/

So can you tell someone, ideally your parents, right now. Being a shrink your dad will realize just how serious self harm and suicidal thoughts are. Please talk to you parents right now.

--------------------
~moonlight

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you think you are going to hurt yourself, or try to kill yourself, you need to get yourself some help. Trust me; you're worth it. Talk to someone who is around, or, if you're alone, call 911.

We can talk about all of this stuff: figuring out your sexual orientation, feeling better about how you look, your relationship with your friend...all of that, but we need to make sure first that you are safe.

I know you feel as if your parents dont' care, but I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that they don't want anything bad to happen to you.

As I said, we're here to give you support for all this stuff, but you gotta be around and okay for us to do that.

So get yourself some help...it could be as simple as going up to one of your parents, or one of your favourite teachers, and saying "I need help".

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

quote:
Originally posted by Robin Lee:
If you think you are going to hurt yourself, or try to kill yourself, you need to get yourself some help. Trust me; you're worth it. Talk to someone who is around, or, if you're alone, call 911.

I am in agreement with all of what Robin Lee said. And I just wanted to note, in case you weren`t sure what she meant, 911 is the Canadian and American version of what I believe is 999 in the UK so obviously you`d call 999 instead.

--------------------
~moonlight

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moonlight...thank you for catching that for me. I completely failid to notice that OneOfThree is in the UK. How america-centric of me. I apologize. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

No problem [Smile]

--------------------
~moonlight

NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

OneOfThree, I noticed that you named a lot of good qualities about yourself such as being a good kid, making good grades, and being a peer mentor, WOW, that certainly doesn't sound like a loser to me. I wish more kids could be just like you, the world would be a such better place. Am I understanding that the main things that are troubling you is that you are identifying as being as lesbian and that you aren't happy with the way you look? Both of these things can be worked out, I promise. The fact that you are feeling suicidal and are harming yourself shows that you are very depressed right now and depression keeps your from thinking clearly. You aren't thinking about your life years from now, all the things you might miss out on. This hard time you are going through will get better if you give it a chance. You just sound like you need help sorting all this out. I wasn't trying to imply that you were too young to know if you are gay or not, I was just trying to tell you that if your orientation is what is really weighing down on you right now, it isn't necessary to figure it all out at once. You have all the time in the world to sort out how you feel and how you identify. If you feel you truly are lesbian, and that doesn't change in time, then that is okay, it really is. Who we are attracted to is such a small part of who we are and you shouldn't focus on this one part of yourself to the point that you are this troubled about it. It isn't the end of the world to be gay, some people will disagree with it, and that is something you will run into. It is no different than some people eating meat and others not agreeing with it. But a reasonable person who has a heart and half a brain will still accept you no matter what because you are a person, and a good one at that. If you accept the people you love who are straight, then it is only fair that they would accept you for being gay. If they didn't, then they weren't very caring of you in the first place. People who love you, even if they need time to get there, will eventually come around. Being gay means you still have normal relationships and live a normal life, so really, it might seem like a scary or negative thing to be, but as long as you learn to be true to yourself and stay surrounded by people who love you for who you are, then you will be just fine. Please don't hurt yourself anymore, you do not deserve it. There is nothing wrong with being who you are, you should feel very proud.

As for your friends not being much help, you have to remember that they may not be as mature as you seem to be and they simply do not understand what is going on with you. Them saying it is "gross" may be the only way they know to get the message across to you that they want you to stop hurting yourself. You need to talk to someone, okay, you need to asap. I think you are selling your dad short. You say he is a psychologist, correct? Well, that means he has had a lot of education and experience dealing with all sorts of psychological issues and surely a man with his experience wouldn't just lay a bunch of medical diagnoses on you. I think you should give him a chance and just try to talk to him, I guarantee that you won't be saying anything to him he hasn't heard before and I am sure he loves you and would want to help if you just give him the chance. Your parents are really the best place to go for this, really. You are really lucky you have both of them there and you need to use them while you have them. They are there to take care of you and help you grow, it's their job. They obviously have been doing a decent job so far as you sound like a very smart girl with a great head on her shoulders. If you talk to your parents, you will be able to avoid the whole school situation completely, which sounds very uncomfortable for you to do right now. Your parents can take you to an actual counseling center (and I am sure your dad would know plenty of them considering his line of work) and there, everything you say will remain between the therapist and you. Any therapist will tell you though that if you are making actual plans to kill yourself, they have to take action to make sure that it doesn't happen. I understand your confusion right now about not wanting anyone to know, but you did reach out for help, and that is the part of you that wants to live and knows that things can be okay again. Keep listening to that part of yourself, okay?

OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Firstly thank you all so much , you've all been really helpfull.

about my dad, see its dificult. when my brother got deprested about a year back, my mom said 'just talk to your dad' and that's always how it ends. If I told ither of them they'd probly just say I was beeing a emo because I wanted attenchion. that's the kind of thing they do. I think they'd be supportive but they wouldn't try and find me help. My dad works with Phicopaths - like the sort that kill people so he always over dramatizes things. that's what I hate the most and one of the resons I can't tell him. its all messed up.
I want to tell someoene at school, I really do. when I told my friends part of me was hoping that they'd go to a teacher and tell them for me, becuse they were worried but no one ever did. I think my PE teacher saw the other day but she hasn't done anything, she isn't the sort of person to care.
I'll try before I go to school today... I might ask one of my friends to tell someone, I don't know. Its worth a shot. thank you all so much again, you've been more than helpfull.

NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Sounds like a plan, whatever you way you get your message out will work, even if a friend does it. By the way, if your gym teacher has seen these cuts and has not said anything to anyone about it, she is really not doing her job correctly and a lot of school faculty have gotten into trouble for not speaking up about something like this. It is her job to look after the student's well being when they are with her and she isn't doing that by just ignoring what she saw. You are saying a lot of "probably" statements, but you don't really know what your parents would say. If you were honest with them about wanting to kill yourself, they will get you help, really. The choice is yours about who you tell but please tell somebody, that is the important thing. I wish you the best of luck.
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

NoName is absolutely right, you sound like an amazing person! You're extremely involved in school and you seem like a really great person who is having a hard time right now. But it will get better if you tell someone and commit to helping yourself. My father struggled with depression for years and spent months in a mental hospital when he was in his twenties. He has asthma, epilepsy and dyslexia. But now, even though he still struggles with all of these things he leads an extremely successful life. He and my mom are entrepreneurs and have a very successful company. I look up to my dad, because I know if he can make it, so can I, so can anyone, and so can you. Of course, I'm not saying you'll end up going through all of that, nor do I mean to diminish what you're going through. I just mean to show you that people do have a hard time with things like what you're going through, and they do get through it and so will you as long as you don't give up.

Things may not get better right away. You may get lower and hit rock bottom but the one good thing about rock bottom is that you can only go up from there. So please, please tell someone. And I think NoName may be right about why your friends reacted in that way. But since they know, could you ask one of them to help you tell a teacher, as you had hoped they would do? I can see the girl inside of you who wants to get through this, that is you strength, that is what will get you through this. You can do it. Also, if you tell your parents and they do no real thing about it (which I don't think is what will happen at all), you will be no better or worse off than you were before, but I know they will help you.

You can get through this and you will get through this. Never give up.

--------------------
~moonlight

OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

thank you both so much.
I got so close today, serously... I messed up though, one of my friends (well I say friends, she's kind of meen and gossips all the time) saw my wrists in PE because we have to ware stupid short sleeve tops. she told, everyone. I'm over reacting, she told everyone in my class, now it seems everyone knows and I have the stupid nick name of 'emo'
I hate it. a load of the boys are talking about it and they keep asking to see my arms, I refuse and on of them pulled me up and pulled up my sleeve of my school top so every one saw the stupid red marks. I'm so embarissed.
I told my friends if they'd help but apparently I can't trust any of the teachers in the school and they said just to keep quiet. I'm screwed.
then at lunch hour when we were off lessons, I went into the bath room and used the blade from my pencle sharperner. I'm out of controle, my best friend kelsey came in and asked me what was rong, I told her I was on my perod and made up alode of other fake ecscuses untill she left.
I'm so stupid, you've given me all this help and I can't even stick to it. I tried, serously. I did... thank you again.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, if a lot of students are talking about this, it will probably get to some of the teachers or the school counselor in time, anyway.

So, why not just take charge of that yourself by talking to one of them who likely CAN help you with this, or get you to help, and who can also potentially help you deal with the now-extra strain of all this gossip and focus on your cutting from other students?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

I suppose, I guess. it's just I'm not popular and don't have lot of friends I'm not popular and people never listen to me. i'm scared, and most of all I just hurt. my wrists and my head, I feel sick all the time and I want to stop, I really do but I can't.
everyone is asking me why. I don't want to tell them, I can't. I'm not out but what can I say? I told someone it was my cat that attact me, some people think that it's because I am know for aguing with my mom. I don't know. I'm just really confused. thank you for helping.

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I absolutely understand (and if it helps to know, I self-injured in my tweens and early teens myself).

I think the aim here is to tell someone who it is SAFE to tell, and who also can actually help you in terms of having the education and skills to do that with. Sometimes people do just stop, especially if whatever situations have them feeling in such emotional pain change. But a lot of time, to stop, people need help, and can't do it alone.

I think for now, for anyone asking, it's up to you what you say, but "It's private and I don't want to talk with you about it," is absolutely an acceptable answer is that's how you feel.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Thank you, thats really helpfull. I never thought of that. I don't really have anyone to tell, there's only one teacher in the school who I trust and she doesn't teach me anything, I run the school glee club with her and we don't talk any more.
the only thing I'm worried about is how can i say it's private to my best friend? it's dificult, we've been close for almost three years now and we've never kept anything big from eachother. I'm just really messed up I guess.
thank you again, you and all the people on this site are changing the way I'm looking on this whole situachion compleetly.

Heather
Member # 3

Well, do you want to tell your best friend or not? I ask because if you want to, there might be a way to do that that does really help you out here. Sometimes telling someone can be a big help all by itself.

With that teacher, it's okay you don't have a class with her. Teachers are potential supports for any student: that's part of our job when we teach. If she feels like the person you feel most comfortable telling, how about asking her if you can have some time to talk with her privately soon about something you need some help with?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Well perhaps this teacher would be a good person to talk to. Even though you don't talk to her anymore, you can still go find her on your lunch hour or after school and talk to her if you're comfortable with that. You don't even need to tell her your cutting yourself right away and you certainly don't need to tell her your a lesbian, unless you want to tell her either of those things. You could say something like "Ms.[Teacher], could I talk to you? I'm having a hard time right now and I need some help." You can tell her that you feel like there is no one you can talk to about it.

--------------------
~moonlight

OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Again thank both of you. your really helpfull.

I've told my friend I'm cutting myself but because she's femail I'm really not ready to tell her why. I'm to scaired that she'll juge me or not want to be my friend anymore. I'm just nervouse.
about the teacher, I'm not sure. she works half time at my school and she's so busy. all of my teachers are. I thiink if they knew they wouldn't bother doing anything about it because it meens it will take there time. its not what there payed to do so they wont. I'm going to try, Like I said, I almost did today, tell one of them but after the whole rumor stuff, and that people were beeing so meen I was too afraid, I hope that one of the teachers that I have over hears a convosachion between one of my peers, seeing as I'm now the class freak..

Heather
Member # 3

You know, yeah, teachers are busy. However, I think I can speak for most of us when I say that being able to help a student in a really bad place is something we are always glad to make time for. And none of this has anything to do with pay.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

(Btw? Lots of us have lived through being the school freak or one of them. [Smile] Personally, I tend to wear it as a badge of honor, myself. You're not alone!)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

On the note of being the school freak, I also know how that feels, so you're not alone in that!

--------------------
~moonlight

OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

[Smile]
thank you again, all of the people who have helped me so so much.
I'm going to try tommorow. I really am.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Just keep on trying. We're here to cheer you through.

A thought: if the idea of starting the conversation feels difficult, you could practice speaking the words you want tou say out loud--somewhere where you're alone and won't be overheard of course. Sometimes the words are easier to get out if we've already spoken them.

--------------------
Robin

NoName
Activist
Member # 68739

Just like Heather said, there is some pride to be had in being a "freak." I never fit in very much in school either and I suppose other people called me strange for that but you know, I am really proud of that now. If you ask me, people who pretend to have no problems and strive to blend in and be like everyone else is a bit "freakish." I used to be just like that when I was younger and looking back, it makes me feel ashamed that I tried to hide who I really was (mostly the fact I had no money and that my home life was less than ideal). It is very cool to be yourself, whoever that is. The world would be pretty boring if we were all the same. The kids who are giving you a hard time now are probably going through feelings similar to yours and they are trying to cover it up by singling you out. Also most of them probably just aren't capable of understanding what you are going through. Either way, try not to take it to heart because that is just the way school is sometimes. Whatever is a big deal today will be forgotten in a few days. You sound like you are finding some strength to get yourself some help, I am very proud of you for that. I have all the faith in the world that you can get control of this. Good luck!
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! I'm sending a whole lot of big hugs your way! [Smile] I think almost all people try to help someone who is feeling really down, because like it or not, we have *all* felt at least reasonably bad at least once in our life and know what it feels like to feel negative about oneself. You may feel alone but you are *not* alone! Look at all these people who care about you, regardless of whether we know you face-to-face, we are all sending our karma your way and, what's more, consider us your own personal cheer-squad! [Smile]

[ 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: WesLuck ]

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

[Big Grin] You guys have made it a whole lot easyer.

I haven't told just yet, I know I should have and I got so close. some boys in my english class were calling the word 'emo' from the back of them room and my teacher took me over to the corner and asked me if somting was up, I really did almost tell him. I couldn't though, I did try. he told me if there was ever any thing I ever wanted to talk about I should go to him strate away, I think thats want I'm going to do when I'm back at school, I was too nervouse today - people might have over hurd but I will when no one is arround. I'm getting better!

My friends started sticking up for me today (: I was doing my peano resitle in music and some of the boys saw the cuts on my writst, one boy liam called me a 'Sad, retared emo' and my frined vicky told him to get lost because I was too embarressed too.

Over all, I'm alot better and I'm not feeling as bad as I did before, I have to thank you guys for it!! A question - my cuts are still pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to stop them from getting infected, also, is there anything I can use to hide them that wont make it so obviouse that they've been cut? I just wondered [Smile]

thank you again! x

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So you see, your teachers are interested in what's going on with you and want to help. [Smile] Everyone needs and deserves support and help. Even your friend speaking up for you is a great form of support that seems to have lifted your mood.

The biggest thing to do with your cuts is to keep them clean and from coming in contact with dirty things. Ideally they should be looked at by a doctor or nurse to make sure they're healing; that can happen when you talk to someone and let them know what's going on with you.

It sounds like you're feeling more confident now. Remember that it's always going to feel a little bit like the wrong time to tell, or you're going to feel a little too nervous; It does take guts. I guess what I'm saying is that at some point you just have to take a deep breath and do it. [Smile]

We're behind you all the way.

--------------------
Robin

OneOfThree
Activist
Member # 93294

Thank you soo much (:
Heather
Member # 3

Btw, while you heal, and since you're getting called Emo regardless, cover your wounds with bandages after you clean them, and then get or make yourself some arm warmers. Then you only need to talk about this with who you want to.

If you can't find them to buy or can't buy them, you can make arm warmers easily out of a cool pair of knee-high socks by just cutting them right at the heel. The top part of the sock holds them up on your arms.

(I'm pretty sure I'm too old to be Emo, but I sure like myself some arm warmers.)

Or, you could just wear long sleeves. It's not like it's summer now, after all. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

TonicTwelve
Activist
Member # 34415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonicTwelve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by OneOfThree:

A question - my cuts are still pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to stop them from getting infected, also, is there anything I can use to hide them that wont make it so obviouse that they've been cut? I just wondered [Smile]

If you're still cutting then a super important step you need to take to prevent infection is to make sure whatever you're cutting with is clean. This is as simple as just wiping whatever you use down with some alcohol before you cut. You can use rubbing alcohol, methylated spirits, even nail polish remover will do the job. Also, if you can get it, rosehip oil applied to the cuts will speed healing and reduce scarring, in addition to the volunteers' advice about keeping the wounds clean. Congrats on taking steps to get help, it's such a difficult thing to admit and ask for help with but when you get the help you need it makes a huge difference. You can do it!

--------------------
~~Caitlin

"Oh baby I said,
It's all in our hands,
Got to learn to respect,
What we don't understand,
We are fortunate ones,
Fortunate ones, I swear."

Posts: 61 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.