Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Very painful cut on my vulva

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very painful cut on my vulva
poeticretellings
Neophyte
Member # 38840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poeticretellings     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, my New Year's Eve got a little more out of hand than it should have. I was very very drunk and trying to have sex with a friend of mine. I'm usually much more careful about my sexual practices, but like I said, I'd had far far too much to drink.

I couldn't get aroused enough for penetration, but being drunk, horny, and stubborn I wasn't about to give up. He kept trying to penetrate me but it just wasn't working. We also tried manual sex, which also didn't have such great results. Eventually, I started to bleed. I was about to start my period anyway, so I figured that's what it was and we stopped.

I went to go put a pad in, but when I sat down to pee it hurt so much I could barely stand it. I gritted my teeth, washed up, got my pad all situated and went to sleep, figuring I'd look at the damage in the morning.

When I looked at my vulva in the morning, I had a good sized cut near the vaginal opening, and some skin had been partially torn off. When I touched it too much to try and get a better look it started to bleed again. Since then, I've been wearing loose fitting clothes, put some Neosporin on it (this significantly reduced the pain, especially when urinating!), made sure to wash the area off with water instead of using toilet paper, and read up a lot about vaginal tears/abrasions. I'm probably going to take a nice long bath tomorrow, because it sounds like that will help keep it clean.

Obviously, I think the cut was a result of my not being aroused enough and probably him trying a little too hard to penetrate me when I clearly wasn't going to get anymore aroused. I'm pretty sure I'm doing all the right things to take care of the cut. My main concern is just that perhaps I've forgotten something, didn't know something else I should be doing, or that it's more serious than I'm taking it to be. Also, I'm a little concerned about the partially torn skin. I don't know, it just freaks me out and I don't know how worried about it I should be.

I'm going to keep watching the cut, and taking care of it. If it doesn't go away with a week, I'll probably call my gynecologist. I just wanted to get another opinion, and some reassurance that I'm handling this properly.

[ 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: poeticretellings ]

Posts: 6 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you're taking care of it just fine. [Smile] The only thing is that Neosporin isn't necessarily the greatest thing to put on your vulva - antibiotics can throw off the balance of your vagina, leading to infection, which is not something you want to be dealing with on top of injury. Just keep the area clean and dry, continue to wear loose-fitting clothing, and cotton underwear. If it doesn't show signs of starting to heal in the next few days, check in with your gyn - you don't need to wait a whole week if it's not getting better.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.