Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » icky sensation during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: icky sensation during sex
artsygirl643
Activist
Member # 51449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artsygirl643     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so my boyfriend and I recently started having intercourse, and for the most part it feels pretty good but I keep getting the feeling that I'm going to have a bowel movement. It's really getting in the way of my enjoyment. the thing is that my digestive system isn't very "regular" but i went to the bathroom a while before and I guess that still didn't help. I drink a ton of water but I struggle with getting enough fiber. This is really bumming me out (no pun intended) because we have been together for four years before having sex and I'm kind of feeling disappointed because I wasn't expecting it to feel like pooping :/
Posts: 59 | From: california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello artsygirl, that sensation of needing to move your bowels during intercourse is common for many women because intercourse can put pressure on your rectum, which is right behind your vagina. As long as you're not actually having a bowel movement or leaking faeces during sex, I wouldn't worry about it. Things that might help this sensation include having a motion prior to sex and experimenting with different positions for intercourse.

If you're having ongoing problems with irregular bowels or constipation, it's best to check in with your doctor. Also to drink lots of water, as you said, and eat plenty of fibre, fruit and veges.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artsygirl643
Activist
Member # 51449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artsygirl643     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still kind of discouraged though, because I've gone to the bathroom each time before we have sex just to be on the safe side, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. Even though I'm not actually going during sex, it's really uncomfortable for me to the point that I tell him to stop. And I get the feeling when he's on top and when I'm on top, so switching positions hasn't really helped :/
Posts: 59 | From: california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

When you're feeling very uncomfortable during intercourse, do you take a break to go to the bathroom and try to pass a motion? If you're able to pass a motion at that time, does it relieve the sensation during sex afterwards?

If not, I'm out of ideas, sorry. One the volunteers might be able to weigh in for you [Smile]

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artsygirl643
Activist
Member # 51449

I'm sorry, I do appreciate your help. when we stop the feeling goes away...usually when we have sex he puts himself all the way inside of me, which I like but the feeling sometimes hits. maybe I'm just not used to having something like that inside of me and my body is still getting used to it? I just want some sort of reassurance that this feeling will go away soon and I will be able to enjoy sex.
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

It could certainly be that your body is getting used to what intercourse feels like and this will hopefully settle with time and practice [Smile] . But I'm not sure if anyone can reassure you that it will definitely go away, because we're all different in how we experience things.

Some women find that having other intense pleasurable sensations during intercourse (eg. through clitoral stimulation, activities involving other parts of the body, use of toys) can help mask any mild vaginal discomfort.

On the other hand, if you're having pain rather than discomfort, it's best to take a break from the activities giving you pain and consider the types of issues discussed in this article:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/from_ow_to_wow_demystifying_painful_intercourse

--------------------

Audre Lorde

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.