Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Post-orgasm pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Post-orgasm pain
Mammalia87
Neophyte
Member # 42260

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mammalia87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else ever experienced pain after orgasm? It has happened to me ever since I can remember. No matter the method with which I reach an orgasm, I have this horrible, excruciating pain in my lower abdomen (I think my uterus) after an orgasm. It lasts 5-10 minutes and hurts more than I can bare. It makes me avoid sex with my partner, but then I have orgasms during my dreams and it happens then too! Doctors say they cannot find a physical reason for it and think it's psychological. What should I do?
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask how sensitive you tend to be in general? In other words, with physical sensations, period, do you often experience pain?

If your doctors are flummoxed and think this is psychological, what do you think about that assessment? Can you think of anything which would elicit this kind of response, like any feelings of shame or guilt about sex or orgasm?

And can I check and make sure you've seen an OB/GYN about this, not just a general doctor? They've done things like an ultrasound to evaluate your uterus?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mammalia87
Neophyte
Member # 42260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mammalia87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have been to an ob/gyn and had an ultrasound and regular check-ups. I would say I have an average reaction to pain, and my periods are not anything out of the ordinary. My therapist said that sometimes people can become "cross-wired" when it comes to experiencing pleasure and pain, especially with a history of abuse. I cannot directly remember what happened to me, but all the signs point to some type of mistreatment when I was a toddler. I was with a different family that I do not know and have never spoken to after I left as a small child. Frankly, I don't want to remember it or dwell on it. I just don't want to have this pain anymore, no matter what it's related to. I have very positives views of sex, that it can be natural and healing. At least consciously I do.
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By all means, your therapist is right, and if you have any sexual abuse in your history, that can certainly have an impact on our sexuality. So can all kinds of trauma, not just sexual abuse.

Can I ask what your therapist has suggested for you around this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.