Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Obsessive thoughts seemed to go away on their own.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obsessive thoughts seemed to go away on their own.
mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As people here will know, one of the recurring problems which has brought me here over the past few years is a tendency towards obsessive/intrusive thoughts, which has caused me some considerable distress. I had a bout of it recently which lasted a few months on and off. I tried to distract myself and tell myself it would stop, and this didn't seem to work for very long, but it seems to be stopping on its own now. I'm still getting a bit of it, but it's not going round in my head every waking moment. I've noticed these things seem to start very suddenly and stop just as suddenly, and I'm not entirely sure why. Might it be just because I was no longer obsessing over trying to make it stop? Should I talk to the counsellor about this?
Posts: 475 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.