Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » How to tighten!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to tighten!!
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can i tighten my corona? I do work out but i dont know if its helping me to tighten my corona bec i dont know if im doing it right!

--------------------
jesy

Posts: 32 | From: land | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no way to "tighten" the corona, or any part of your vagina. The corona is just a bit of tissue which erodes over time, and the vagina itself is a muscular tube that changes in size depending on things like how aroused you are. Excercise has nothing to do with it.

Have a read through this and see if it clarifies the whole issue of tightness for you: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/a_few_choice_words_about_tightness

If you still have questions after reading that, come on back.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but i heard that if woman do kegel excercises and do pc muscle that it get tighten again or if she goes to the bathroom to pee a little then hold for a few second like 5 to 10 second then realease the pee then reapet again on to u done peein and also if u squezze ur hole which it call the corona for like 5 to 10 second that it could tighten again and it take days by doing this and she could do this by standin or walking or by cleaning the house or anything!! is this true?? im sorry it that i heard and i read about this on google search

--------------------
jesy

Posts: 32 | From: land | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kegel exercises (which you're describing) do is tone the muscles around the vagina - they don't make the vagina tighter, because as I said, the vagina changes size depending on the situation. (And if there's nothing in it, it's collapsed in on itself.)

Again, the corona - which used to be called the hymen - doesn't have anything to do with kegel exercises or the muscles around the vagina. It's just a little bit of tissue around the opening to the vagina, that tends to wear away on its own over time. Doing kegel exercises won't affect it.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but i heard that if woman do kegel excercises and do pc muscle that it get tighten again or if she goes to the bathroom to pee a little then hold for a few second like 5 to 10 second then realease the pee then reapet again on to u done peein and also if u squezze ur hole which it call the corona for like 5 to 10 second that it could tighten again and it take days by doing this and she could do this by standin or walking or by cleaning the house or anything!! is this true?? im sorry it that i heard and i read about this on google search
You're voicing a lot of myths here.

Some women -- usually women way older than our readers or those after vaginal birth (and for most, that's very temporary) DO experience issues with the muscles of the vagina being lax. Young women who have never given birth simply will NOT have this issue, nor do they need to concern themselves with suggestions for women who are having it.

As well, the opening of the vagina is the vaginal opening. The corona, or hymen, is a very, very thing piece of tissue which typically covers it at birth, and wears away over time. It cannot be "tightened."

Long story short: your vagina is most likely fine and you don't need to do any kind of exercise to try and change it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

ok but what happen if he tell me im lose on my corona and he say that he dont feel nothing when he put his d=== inside my corona hole and if i dont feel nothing!!! what should i do then to make it feel better?? and sorry for my bad talk (-:

--------------------
jesy

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing bad about the way that you're talking. Are you saying that a sexual partner has told you this, and that you also are not feeling anything at all during intercourse?

If so, literally nothing? Like, you can't even tell your partner's penis is anywhere near your vagina? If it's not nothing, maybe you can be more clear about what you are and are not feeling?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

Im sorry i forgot to put this down!! that if this where to happen to me that the guy would say that to me and if i dont feel anything! what should i do? I dont have a partner but if someday this where to happen that he tells me this ima feel sad bec i wouldnt know if he was in joying it [Frown]

--------------------
jesy

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

So are you saying this is not something that has happened to you yet, but something that you're worried about happening in the future?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Where are you getting the idea that would be likely to happen?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yes if it going to happen

--------------------
jesy

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

just worried!! bec i play on my self sometime

--------------------
jesy

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jesy, do you mean that when you masturbate, you feel that your vagina does not feel tight?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yupp

--------------------
jesy

Heather
Member # 3

And when that has happened, if things felt good before to you, did you then all of a sudden stop feeling any sensation at all?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yes sometime

--------------------
jesy

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

I just want to know want can i do so he wont feel like that

--------------------
jesy

Heather
Member # 3

I really think that you're jumping to conclusions that aren't sound.

If, in fact, you were feeling really good, then your veginal opening or vagina got more flexible -- which tends to happen when we feel aroused -- and then suddenly you felt absolutely nothing, that would be very unusual. What would be more likely is that what you were feeling before then was pain or discomfort, not pleasure, and then suddenly you felt no more pain. Do you understand?

This fear that you have is not at all likely to be a sound one. It is normal for the vaginal opening and canal to feel more flexible and looser when we become aroused, and that doesn't mean sensation will stop or become less to us or a partner. Vaginal "tightness" is usually about lack of arousal, and the vaginal muscles are still active and can still provide just as much sensation when someone is aroused and the vagina is more flexible.

Again, I'd be really interested to know where you're getting these ideas from. I think looking at wherever that is would be pretty useful.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yes i understand what u saying! its that i be reading at google search and what im talking about that what its say!!! that guys wont feel pleasure if its not tight!! That why im sayin if there a way to make it tight then feelin open!! i want to know! that how when im ready to have a partner i wont feel bad that im open! im sorry i just want to learn and im sorry that im gettin u mad!! I think that like i never had sex i dont know how to feel flexible or nothin all i do is musterbeth

--------------------
jesy

Heather
Member # 3

Okay. First things first: can you just dump whatever you read about this via random Google searches? Not only is a lot of information you'll find that way inaccurate, a lot of it that might be probably is not about women your age.

You're not "open." Vaginas don't come in closed and open like that. When nothing is inside of a vagina, it's closed for the most part. When something is inserted, and someone is comfortable with that and wants that and is aroused, the vagina is flexible and will usually accomodate what is inserted. In other words, when a vagina is flexible? That's not a sign of something being wrong. It's a sign of things being right.

No one is mad here, but when someone is so focused on fears that they won't let go of them to hear that they're unjustified, it's tough. So, what we need form you is for you to just recognize that these things you're scared of aren't sound to be scared of. This hypothetical situation you have set up that you're so worried about? It's not at all likely.

And the idea that only is a vagina is "tight" -- meaning, usually the person with the vagina is scared or nervous or not wanting intercourse -- will a person with a penis experience pleasure is just wrong. Again, when you are aroused and staying that way, and actively engaged in sex, the muscles of and around your vagina -- some of the strongest in the body -- will push around that penis. A partner is not going to feel nothing because you are aroused and relaxed and thus, have some flexibility with your vagina.

You are a young woman and one who has not recently given birth. Your vagina is not going to be a problem in regards to "tightness."

And when a person doesn't? Well, the person with the vagina usually feels only pain, not pleasure, and a partner often will have a hard time entering at all, which doesn't feel good to them, either.

So, can you just let this go and chill? Because I just don't see how you benefit from getting yourself in such a freakout from a very unlikely possibility.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

ok i well stop reading google search thank you

--------------------
jesy

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yea im going to chill and that everything is going to be fine that i shouldnt worried about the guys or about anything

--------------------
jesy

J305
Neophyte
Member # 82020

yea im going to chill and that everything is going to be fine that i shouldnt worried about the guys or about anything that i am good the way i am that i am fine and i dont need to worried

--------------------
jesy

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to hear, Jesy. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Brava!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.