Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bleeding During Ovulation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding During Ovulation
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Lillith Ambrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can bleeding during ovulation make your period not happen that month or make it late?

Also, what's the difference between ovulation bleeding and implantation bleeding? The length of the bleeding? Or how heavy?

--------------------
(-/)

Posts: 61 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The difference is that spotting during ovulation is about ovulating and implantation bleeding is about spotting due to an egg implanting. Really, that's the difference. Both are usually very light and don't go on for very long when they happen. They also won't happen at the same time. Ovulation bleeding will happen with ovulation, while implantation bleeding can't happen that early because it takes a while for a pregnancy to occur, with implantation being the last step of that process.

Spotting during ovulation is unlikely to impact when your period arrives, and it certainly isn't likely to cause a skip.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lillith Ambrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, alright. Once again the Google has lied to me. Thanks for clearing that up. Would you consider about a week to be not long for ovulation bleeding?

Alright. Thanks, I was just wondering. I was a little afraid that I might not have one this month due to that. haha

--------------------
(-/)

Posts: 61 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Activist
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean that you've had spotting for a full week?
Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lillith Ambrose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it was about 2 weeks ago during my ovulation time. and it wasn't for a full week, just close to it.

--------------------
(-/)

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it very light (like not needing a tampon or pad, maybe just a liner), or was it like a period?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lillith Ambrose
Activist
Member # 64807

Yeah it was very light. I didn't notice it until I saw it on the toilet paper and it was just a little. It looked like it was just a brownish mucous.

--------------------
(-/)

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.