Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » unpleasurable sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unpleasurable sex
hazel eyes
Neophyte
Member # 75863

Icon 11 posted      Profile for hazel eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i need advice! im 17 and i've started having sex about 4 months ago with my boyfriend of 3 years. the problem is when we have sex i don't get an orgasm or feel anything nice. i don't know why. i can get an orgasm when he plays with my clit and it feels nice when he fingers me but i get nothing from intercourse. i love him to death and trust him completely so trust isn't an issue and we've both only had sex with each other so its unlikely we have any diseases. we've tried lots of different positions and used lube and he makes me very aroused so i can't think what the problem could be. [Confused]
Posts: 1 | From: europe | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's totally normal. Most women do not orgasm from intercourse alone. Check out this article:
The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle Ravel
Activist
Member # 21100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle Ravel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sex for women usually involves clitoral stimulation, because that, usually, is how we have an orgasm. I'm glad he's playing with your clitoris--you guys are doing everything just fine.
Posts: 51 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might also help to bear in mind that sometimes people have the idea that it's common for only one sexual activity to be happening at a time, or that's how it has to go.

In reality, it's more common for people really engaged in sex and enjoying sex not to be doing things in isolation like that. In other words, people having intercourse can and do kiss at the same time, engage in breast stimulation at the same time, engage in things using hands and fingers on the external clitoris, testes or anus at the same time, etc.

So, when you hear people talking about enjoying intercourse, be sure you're not assuming that "intercourse" for them doesn't include more than just that at a given time. Because often, it does.

Make sense?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.