Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Scary thoughts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scary thoughts
EarthenBirthed
Neophyte
Member # 61694

Icon 4 posted      Profile for EarthenBirthed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so i guess I've been thinking a lot lately- like about things. It began with a book- The Cobra Event by Richard Preston. It's about this crazy disease and all, but that's not what interested me. No, it was the killer. His thoughts and everything. His idea was that humans are too much. He brought up points like how in nature, species like caterpillars, if they get too many and destroy their habitat (like eating too many leaves in the forest), a disease or virus develops in the insect that kills enough so that they are no longer a danger to themselves. Well, when these kind of diseases try to spread in humans, we get rid of it. And there's no longer anything to keep us from over-populating and destroying our environment. For instance, the Black Death. It killed like a third or more Europeans during the Middle Ages, and generally everyone who survived benefited greatly. But we got rid of that. ANYWAYS. So that got me thinking... What if I killed a billion people on this world? Would it benefit people? Would it help? I don't know. But I do know that these aren't super sane ideas. Whenever I see trees, or places I know the world could look like if it wasn't for us, I just... I just want to set off a bomb or something... I don't know if this is something that you guys can help me with at all but... I'm kind of scared of myself for actually thinking seriously about it. What should I do to stop them (or myself)?

--------------------
Taste by Animal Collective

Posts: 14 | From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HellJunky, if you are feeling like you may hurt others, the best thing to do is to go to an emergency room and check yourself in to get some help. Thoughts like these aren't normal, and you should seek out treatment for them. Do you need help in finding a place to go?
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EarthenBirthed
Neophyte
Member # 61694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EarthenBirthed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess um, I could find them on my own. But, could it really be that bad since I don't want want to kill people? Like, my body says yes do it, but my mind says no don't...

--------------------
Taste by Animal Collective

Posts: 14 | From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I strongly encourage you to seek out treatment in some form for these thoughts. If you don't feel like its urgent enough to go to an ER, you should still look into getting serious counseling ASAP. Once you've been assessed by a professional, they can determine what sort of treatment you need going forwards.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.