Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » "camel toe"=lots of sex????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "camel toe"=lots of sex????
ycj155
Neophyte
Member # 65066

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ycj155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I practice dance after school so I often walk around in a tank and leggings and yesterday I was made fun of by some guys hanging around my HS for sporting a "camel toe," you know, when you can see the outline of a girl's outer lips through the clothing?

I was so embarrassed but it got worse when these boys were jeering at me and seemed to suggest somehow that having a camel toe meant I must do it a lot.

I thought camel toe was only caused by having tight clothing around the crotch area. And I haven't even had any kind of sex! Do these jerks know something I don't?

I just think it's the most ridiculous thing I heard (I mean, if I did it a lot, the first place that I'd think would be affected is inside, but we all know having lots doesn't make your vagina looser).

It's just a stupid misunderstanding, right? You don't get camel toe from having lots of sex, right?

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right, it's just the shape of your vulva plus the tight clothing. Sex doesn't change your genitals.

Also, i am really sorry you experienced that, what those boys were doing is sexual harrassement and it is vile. You don't deserve that and (just in case you considered it) you didn't do/wear anything wrong, people like that think they are entitled to comment on womens' bodies as if they're public property.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ycj155 : I saw this in the queue for Sexpert Advice and was going to write you up a big answer on this today. Do you still want that? If so, I'll hop on it shortly! [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ycj155
Neophyte
Member # 65066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ycj155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure Heather, that would be great! I was actually talking about this incident to some of my friends and it seems like I'm not the one who's had doubts about this. Thank you!
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You got it! I'll get started on that this afternoon, then, and should have it live for you tomorrow or Saturday. I'll leave a link when I'm done!

But long story short for now? How much sex someone does or doesn't have has zip to do with the shape or size of their labia or vulva. And as far as I'm concerned, the minute anyone harasses us, they're making very clear they have zero credibility. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Sorry this took a little while longer than expected! I made a column out of your question and another related question, and the second was much more vague and thus, more complicated to answer.

But voila: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/double_feature_harassment_and_flirting

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.