Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » period is.. different?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period is.. different?
SmileLikeYouMeanItt
Neophyte
Member # 45073

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SmileLikeYouMeanItt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, i'm 17.
Just a bit worried because 1.] my period was late.
2.] when it came it's really light almost like spotting, until i go to the toilet where it's streaming out as it usually does.
i'm worried it's spotting.. but then why would it be streaming & the toilet roll covered in blood & the blood is also red not brown. It's never done this before & i haven't really had any changes to my lifestyle etc.

my boyfriend & i are both virgins (to sexual intercourse)
but i've been late for my period & i'm never late, however i'm worried that when my boyfriend & i were.. messing round i could have touched his semen & then my vagina or he could of.. i know this is highly unlikely because sperm dies in air.. & we are really careful..

but the past few days i have had sickness especially bad in the morning, abdominal pains & just felt generally odd, so i am a bit worried.
i'm going to get a pregnancy test just in case tomorrow, but i just want some advice really.

Perhaps i am overreacting but i've been so ill, & i haven't been out the house to catch anything.. haven't eaten anything dodgy etc.
It just seems weird, but perhaps i'm overreacting, but i'd rather do that than under react [:

Thanks if anyone can explain why my period is like this.

--------------------
[:

Posts: 20 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had any direct genital contact? If not, then a pregnancy is extremely unlikely.

It's much more likely that you are simply having a period that's a bit off. Our bodies aren't machines, so even a woman who usually has regular periods may sometimes have a period that's a little late, or just looks a little different.

And you know, if you're really stressing about being pregnant, that may well be the reason you are experiencing nausea. But it's not at all likely that the nausea is due to an actual pregnancy, as pregnancy symptoms don't show up this early into a pregnancy.

So, it doesn't sound like you need to be worried. But by all means, if it will set your mind at ease, you can still take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmileLikeYouMeanItt
Neophyte
Member # 45073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmileLikeYouMeanItt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, you were completely right, after 4 days of stress & worrying, i took out 10mins to calm down and do some breathing exercises and it worked! thank you for taking the time to help [:

--------------------
[:

Posts: 20 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome! Glad I could help.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.