Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Delayed period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Delayed period
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,i am 21 year old virgin.i have not got my periods in almost two months. Last time i had periods on 28th feb. After that no signs of it at all.i did not take any pill nor i had intercourse with anyone.i do have irregular periods but they generally dont get delayed this much.what must be the reason? Is there any exercise or something doing which i can get my periods??
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You really can't force a period to come.

If your periods are normally irregular, have you ever had that looked into by a healthcare provider?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

There are lots of reasons, other than pregnancy, that periods can be late or missed.

One of them is age - if you're in the first 5 years of your cycle, you may find that it's extra irregular.

Check out this article for the reasons why periods are late -

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@heather- no i have not consulted any physician.. And another thing i want to ask is,am i ovulating all this time??
Posts: 107 | From: Mumbai | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were ovulating, you'd be having periods.

If your period has been this irregular for a while and you actually haven't had a period for two months in a row, I'd agree with Heather that it's a good idea to talk to a doctor about this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nea21
Activist
Member # 58449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nea21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing i want to know is,does irregular periods can mean that i am infertile?? I mean will i be able to concive??
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are the kinds of questions you can ask your doctor once you go in to see them, Nea. We are not doctors, and we cannot make speculations about things like this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.