Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I lost all Clitoral Sensitivity!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I lost all Clitoral Sensitivity!
xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

Icon 4 posted      Profile for xxKristii17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am only Seventeen years old.

I used to masturbate with an electric toothbrush. I stopped using it in Nov, right around the time I got two vaginal Infections due to Soap Irritation. I noticed that my Clitoris has lost all of it's sensitivity and now has been like that for 6 months (note: I am continuously masturbating).

I still get aroused and very lubricated. Should I leave my Clitoris alone for a little while? It's been 6 months.. I have doubts that it will not return and it upsets me dearly. ):

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

Posts: 53 | From: Halifax | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You likely have not damaged your clitoris in any way or lost nerve sensation.

What's much more likely is that you have simply gotten used to the way you masturbate and need to change it up. have you tried masturbating in totally different ways than with the toothbrush?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68050 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxKristii17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the thing, I no longer use the toothbrush.

I was masturbating with my hand at the time and once I hit sensitivity (arousal) I wasn't able to get that feeling anymore. It like disappeared.

Could it be due to the Toothbrush or Infections? I lost sensitivity right after I found out I had a Yeast&Bacterial Infection..

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

Posts: 53 | From: Halifax | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxKristii17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's any help, I lost my sensitivity after I got sexually and emotionally used by a guy I physically liked (I'm a Lesbian now).

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electric toys can't damage your nerves unless you actually got injured by one, like via an electrical surge. Genital infections also are not likely to damage nerve endings.

Again, you likely did not actually lose sensitivity. But if you have had sexual trauma, by all means, that can result in feeling sexually disconnected. And that feeling can decrease our arousal and sexual response physically, even though it's coming from an emotional place.

Did you ever get any counseling around that so you could get help healing?

I also think that we might be using the term "sensitivity" differently. Arousal and sensitivity aren't the same thing. Sensitivity just means that we can feel something, basically. So, are you saying that when you touch your genitals or parts of your genitals you literally feel nothing? Like, you wouldn't even know you were being touched?

[ 04-13-2011, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68050 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

I mean when I'm being touched, I feel nothing. When I rubbed my clitoris before I lost my sensitivity, It used to be so aroused that I could barely close my legs.. but now, it feels like I have no feeling there (not numb).

I've had a lot of stress in my life, from being sexually and emotionally used/abused but I don't think that would have anything to do with it. I'm perfectly fine now (at the time in Nov, I was constantly worried and stressed out about STDs even though we didn't have sex *he only fingered me but I still felt disgusted with myself*)

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

I feel pleasure to some degree, but no sensitivity. It's hard to explain in words, really.

I do know that I'm being touched, I'm not numb down there but I'm also not sensitive at the same time. I know when I get aroused (I can feel it) but after that point, It feels normal. Like I'm not aroused (physically) at all. If that makes any sense. :s

[ 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: xxKristii17 ]

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

Heather
Member # 3

I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time because you seem to be saying things that contradict themselves. On the one hand, you say you feel nothing, but then you say it isn't numb. You also say you feel pleasure from that touch, but no sensitivity: if there was no sensitivity, you wouldn't feel anything.

Here's the deal: if, in fact, you have some kind of nerve damage (unlikely) and this is a physical issue (also unlikely), then you should see a healthcare provider to find out what it is.

If, on the other hand, and as I suspect, you're just not feeling the same levels of arousal you did with masturbation before, then it's either probably because you need to change up what you're doing with masturbation to some new things, make sure you're really feeling aroused before you even get started, and/or reconsider that your sexual and emotional abuse had absolutely no impact here, which would be pretty unusual. It'd be even more common for that to be an issue if you didn't do any work/get any help with your emotional and sexual healing process from that.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

I should also add that anyone being "perfectly fine" mere months after abuse would be VERY uncommon. healing from abuse is often a lifelong process, and it's typical for it to take years to even get a good foothold into that process.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

xxKristii17
Activist
Member # 62155

I don't know. I can feel being touched but I feel no pleasure basically, no sensitivity. It's hard to explain.

Before the abuse, I used to get so aroused that I could barely close my legs due to the pleasure/sensitivity I felt. But now, It's just.. when I get aroused, It's like nothing happens.

--------------------
I love you Steph. <3

Heather
Member # 3

I still think some of the trouble here is about what words you are using. In one post you say you do feel pleasure, in this you don't. Are you using those words differently each time? You say you DO feel things, just not like you used to: so you DO have sensitivity. You do. Just not perhaps as much as you did before, based on what you're saying, or it doesn't feel the same as before.

I've made a few different suggestions here: seeing a doctor to first check it isn't a health or physical issue, even if it's just to rule that out (which I suspect it will be). Changing up how you masturbate, and maybe when doing that, trying to explore the new way you feel without comparing it to the old. How we feel sexually can change for many different reasons, from touch just not being that new anymore, getting used to a given way of being touched, changes in how aroused we are and/or how much desire we feel, or reflections of our emotional state. Having a sexual impact from sexual abuse is one very common reason for that change, which is why I asked about counseling and what work you have done healing.

If none of those things I suggested are things you want to explore, or some are things you have, but haven't had results, and you don't want to look into any of the suggestions you haven't tried, can you fill me in on what you're looking for here so I can better help you out?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.