Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Urges All Day...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urges All Day...
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Encryption of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen,
I started masterbating at the beginning of this week. I followed all your advice on it, read your book, and would always be clean, the only thing I haven't used yet is use lubricant, because I just haven't needed the use of it. Anyways, after the first day, well, night to be exact, the next day I had urges all day long, some were very strong too, like I could barely take it. It irritates me because I don't want to be doing it in the day, so instead it drives me insane. Does anyone have any advice about this and to calm my urges?

P.S. my period is coming up soon, so maybe that could be it, I don't know, just thought I'd add it.

Thank you everyone.

[ 04-07-2011, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Kateson ]

--------------------
Life, what can we do about it?
Previous name was Kateson.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long has this been going on for: weeks, months, longer....?

And when you do masturbate, do you find you're feeling pretty satisfied afterward, or not?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Encryption of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The urges began the day right after I started masterbating, which was about four days ago.

And yes, I feel very satisfied afterwards.

--------------------

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, often when we start doing ANYTHING brand new that we really like doing, we can be a little obsessive about it. Whether it's a new hobby, something new we like to eat or a new friend or romantic relationship or a sexual activity, being hyperfocused on something shiny and new is pretty darn typical.

If this was something that had been going on for months or, more still, years, that'd be a different story. But since it's only been an issue for a few days, it truly is nothing that a) we'd have any concern about, but also b) that we could even advise you with. I don't think anyone has the answer yet when it comes to human feelings and behavior about how to get people to not be focused on something exciting and new.

So, you want to masturbate a lot and are thinking about it a lot: that's okay. You don't have to do it a lot, and if you want to focus on something else, then what you want to do is to immerse yourself as much as you can in whatever that something else is. If you're still a little distracted, no big deal, unless that something else involves operating heavy machinery or performing neurosurgery. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Encryption of Life
Neophyte
Member # 50342

Oh, Heather, thank you! I really appreciate it. I might also try doing it in the morning, because after I do it I don't feel needy anymore, so if I am almost dying I'll try that, otherwise I'll try to control myself [Wink]

Thanks again! And as always, I love your site/forum/book.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

I'm about 110% sure you won't be "almost dying" from a sexual desire. It's simply not terminal, I promise. I totally get that when it's new and your sexuality feels like it's just waking up, it can feel pretty powerful, but it really only has so much power.

When you want to masturbate, it's okay to masturbate. When you don't want to or you don't feel good about it, it's okay not to: these desires do tend to come and go when we just let them, too.

And you're welcome! Glad to have been of help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.