Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 2 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually get lower back pain with my periods but yesterday i felt the same pain and i dont have my period and it would be too early to even get it. Is this common to get this in between periods?
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can happen sometimes but can also be related to a lot of other things. Just keep an eye out and make sure you don't notice any other problems/symptoms.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, thank you! what else could it be related to?
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and what else should i look for?
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

could i just be ovulating?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lower back pain can come with a lot of things completely unrelated to menstruation, like kidney stones, UTIs etc. Also, can just be lower back pain from lifting or movements or sleeping funny.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

okay, i dont think i have a uti because me and m partner are the fisrt we have ever had sex with and we use condoms. but it isnt severe pain, and only happend for about a minute and then stopped and then it came back later and it was less pain
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

UTIs are urinary tract infections, and they're not always about sex. But might just be nothing.

--------------------

clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

oh, okay. if i see any other problems then i'll get checked out. thanks you!
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

so i have some brown, pinky discharge right now, i thnk that im getting my period just a bit early, i am irregular. does this sound normal?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods often start off light and then get heavier, so this could very well be your period.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

okay, and the last one was sorta light also. its just weird for me for them to be closer like this

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.