Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » tampon issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tampon issues
artsy-craftsy
Neophyte
Member # 61094

Icon 5 posted      Profile for artsy-craftsy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used tampons a few times when I'm on the lighter part of my period, but I haven't used them in at least six months because I'm really nervous and scared to. At least twice, the tampons have gotten stuck when they're almost all the way out (less than a cm left to take out), almost like they're sticking to my vagina. It is incredibly painful. The first time it happened I was able to pull it out after a few minutes, but the second time I had to sit in the bathtub to get it more wet so it would come out. Since the second time, I haven't used them. I want to know if this has happened to others besides me and also if there is something I could do to stop this from happening. I do want to use tampons because they are more convinient, etc. My doctor told me she didn't know what I could do beyond getting the tampon wet or putting some water in my vagina before putting in a tampon. I thought my period was heavy enough to use a regular tampon (I haven't found any light ones), but I'm not so sure.
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like the tampon is not saturated yet when you are trying to remove it which is why it is "sticking." Try finding "slim" or "light" tampons (any grocery store or drug store carries them) and try using one when your flow is maybe a little heavier.

You can also use a little bit of waterbased lubricant if you want to make things easier the first few times. Make sure it's waterbased and that you aren't using very much.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I'm not sure why your doctor suggested what she did, since it is not a good idea to force water inside the vagina.

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artsy-craftsy
Neophyte
Member # 61094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artsy-craftsy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I didn't think it was a good idea, nor very comfortable so I didn't put any water in there.
How exactly would I put the lube on the tampon? On the applicator or on the actual tampon (sinc that's what's getting stuck)?

Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.