Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » menstrual cup help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: menstrual cup help?
Kawani3792
Activist
Member # 48854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kawani3792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, I finally got my Ladycup! I've tried it a few times, and I can get it in fine-it's getting it *out* that seems to be an issue.
I can fold it in half or so right now, but I realize once I'm on my actual period that it'll be a lot more difficult to fold it in order to remove it. Right now, the rim (while very helpful when I want it to pop open and form a seal) is pretty darn painful when it's being pulled out-it feels like it's almost tearing, and while it isn't causing any real harm and the pain fades after a short time, I prefer not to associate more pain with my period than necessary.

Anyone have any videos, articles, or advice?

Posts: 183 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you're breaking the seal and folding it a bit when removing, right?

If so, then the next thing would be to try changing the angle you're removing from. It could be that you are pulling at an angle that is not the same as your body, so it comes out in a weird position. Maybe try tilting it a bit more and see if that helps.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.