I love the Scarleteen focus on loving our bodies.
Why not create a brainstorm of fun things we can all do to love our bodies, become more comfortable in the skin we are in and just have fun. Everyone has "fat" days and it would be great to have a list of things to do leave them behind.
My personal favourites include:
- Moisterising daily with scented creams and enjoying the feel of the scream, touch of my hands and silky feeling of my skin.
- Giving myself a mani-pedi, I always feel so great when my nails are done!!
- Bubble bath. Could be a fun one to do with a partner. Soap up and add bubbles, blow them around, light some candles and seduce yourself.
- Dancing. Turn up the music player and dance. Enjoy being in your body and seeing it move.
- Dress up in clothes/lingerie you find sexy and pose in front of the mirror. Make positive comments outloud about how great you look, dance and twirl around. Pretend to be a catwalk model or famous person.
- Get a massage.
- Practice a body love meditation, (theres heaps on youtube) and let go of any negative feelings.
- Play strip poker with a partner
- Take burlesque, pole dancing or other sensual dance class, Let your sexuality out in safe enviroment.
- Try new make up or hairstyles, something ridiculous you may never wear again. Just for the hell of it.
- Go pose in a shopping centre photobooth and pull silly faces and laugh about it afterwards.
- Go to the beach and admire how gorgeous and varied the human race.
- Throw out all sources of negative energy like beauty and gossip magazines that enforce only one style of beauty.
- Go out and hug a total stranger, visit an old peoples home, talk to the people there and feel valued for who you are on the inside.
- Hug as many people as you can.
Posts: 6 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Mar 2011
| IP: Logged |
-whatch heaps lodes of glee ^^ -go on youtube and whatch funny vidios. -go horse riding -hug a horse. -hug a tree. -hug a cat. moral of the story its fun to hug things
Posts: 24 | From: uk | Registered: Feb 2011
| IP: Logged |
Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998
Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.