Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Belly button piercing problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Belly button piercing problems
Jessie321
Neophyte
Member # 59753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessie321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my belly button pierced about five months ago and it still doesn't seem to be healed yet. It kind of leans to the left and there is a slight build up of try flaky looking skin on the right. I think it might have gotten infected a couple weeks ago because there was a slight yellow puss that came out from the bottom side of the hole. There is a red looking scar think on the underside of the bottom hole where I'm assuming the puss came from. But I've been washing it at least once a day since i got it pierced. I don't know if its rejecting or if my body doesn't like the surgical steel.... what do you think?
Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This really isn't exactly in our area per sexual health, sexuality or relationships and things around them.

But no matter what, any time you think you may have any kind of infection -- and it sounds like a definite maybe here -- you want to see a healthcare provider. So, I'd suggest you check in with a doctor.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds neither like rejection nor allergic reaction (though listen to Heather; find a doctor and don't take my word for it, I'm hardly anyone with any degree of expertise). Navel piercings, I hear, are one of the trickier ones, and it's all too possible that five months isn't enough for it to heal especially if it gets irritated frequently. I've had other ear piercings that do the same thing... Also, how often you're washing and what you're washing it with can also be a factor. For sure check with a doctor or wherever it was you got pierced - if it was a clean, legit place they should be able to tell you and give you proper aftercare instructions.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, i encourage you do go to a doctor, but also start cleaning it twice a day again.

Use only a saline solution and stop touching it! This one is easy and suitable: mix 1 cup of boiled water with 1 teaspoon of salt, allow to cool. Put it in a cup and hold it onto your navel (so lie back somewhere) for at least 10 minutes. Twice a day.

Don't touch it! don't move your bar up and down, don't wear pants that press onto your navel, i suggest that in between washing you put a fabric bandage over it. Go back to the place you were pierced as well, talk to them.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.