Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Shaving down there?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shaving down there?
SomethingRandom19
Neophyte
Member # 51944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SomethingRandom19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys,

So I have a really awkward and personal question. But I'm asking it here because I know there's no such thing as awkward or personal here so yeah [Big Grin]

You see, I'm kind of preparing for a really special weekend with my friend, who also is a friend with benefits. Problem is though, I don't know how to really shave down there. The farthest we might go is oral, but I don't want him to find a stray hair or something and get grossed out. So any tips and ways on how to shave your genital area?

Oh yeah and, one last question, I know this is kind of repulsive, but haha, I just need to ask: Do people have hair around their anus? Like, right underneath the vagina and near the opening of the anus? Kind of weird question, I know, but I've always been wondering.

Thank you guys so much and I appreciate what you guys are doing here, keep it up! [Smile]

--------------------
-

"Ce que femme veut, Dieu veut."

- Anonyme

Posts: 14 | From: Where camels roam the land | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't give shaving tips here, because it's a cosmetic issue, not a health one. Too, whatever you do with your pubic hair is up to you, so whether you decide to shave or not shouldn't be decided by anyone else.

As for your second question, yes, it's perfectly normal to have a little bit of hair around the anus. Humans are mammals, after all, we have hair! [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out for your shaving question: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/003629.html

Generally speaking, and certainly on this topic, we don't answer questions about shaving that aren't about health, just like we don't answer questions about haircuts on folks' heads. [Smile] Cosmetic stuff just isn't what we do or are funded for.

That said, if someone is old enough and mature enough to be having any kind of sex with you, they shouldn't be grossed out or shocked that you have hair in places that people's bodies do who have started, are in or have finished puberty. I'd make sure you check in with yourself about if this is really the right sexual situation for you, which would include feeling totally able to have the body you have and knowing your partner would feel the same way.

Your own signature line actually speaks very well to that!

I don't think your question was repulsive: yes, it's typical for people to have pubic hair around or near the anus.

[ 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SomethingRandom19
Neophyte
Member # 51944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SomethingRandom19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my God, I actually saw the FAQ on shaving RIGHT after I posted this and came back to delete this question. I'm super sorry, guys.

But thank you so much for the info anyhow. Much appreciated! [Smile]

--------------------
-

"Ce que femme veut, Dieu veut."

- Anonyme

Posts: 14 | From: Where camels roam the land | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
Giving advice about shaving is discouraged here because, just like what you do with the hair on your head, what you do with the hair on your genitals is a personal choice. Please read the link below:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/003629.html

Googling "how to shave" will probably give you some useful tips [Smile]

I really hope that your friend would not be grossed out by you/your body, no matter what you choose to do with your hair. If they are, they are probably not ready to be in a sexual relationship with you or anyone else.

Also, yes, it is quite normal to have hair around your anus.

Edit: Sorry, you guys beat me to it!

[ 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: coralee ]

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.