Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Strange Falling Sensation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Falling Sensation
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if I was just imagining things, if this is normal, or if something is wrong. For some time in my late teens, I was involved in a karate class and as part of warm up, we would do a ton of jumping jacks. These were always very uncomfortable for me because I would experience a sort of loose, falling sensation in my genital region. This has never happened to me outside of jumping jacks and similar activities. I haven't brought this up to anyone because I thought it was just a funny small body-thing, but I thought to ask here just for reassurance.
Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brister, Could you be a little more descriptive about what you meen by a "a sort of loose, falling sensation in my genital region"? I will be better able to try and help you after I understand more about what is going on.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I'm not sure how else to describe it. Do you know how when you move around, you feel like an integrated whole and everything follows the movement? It's the opposite of that- as if something is not following along with the movement of the rest of my body. It's not painful, but it is a very uncomfortable feeling.
Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you remember having done anything that might have triggered or caused this? I'll admit, unless you have had some sort of injury, this has me puzzled. If it isn't giving you problems, I might suggest that you check with your Dr or other health care professional (like your student health center) next time you see them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! [Frown]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

There's been no injuries that could be related. Honestly, I was just curious as many people here appear to be quite knowledgeable about the body. Otherwise, whatever it was, it doesn't bother me now in my daily activities. I just have this tendency leftover from my childhood to think that there is something seriously wrong with me or that I am dying. [Razz]
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

The main thing is that we are not Dr.s and we can not examine you. I could give you an educated guess but that would do you a disservice if I am wrong. That is why we defer to a health care professional who can examine you and run tests if they feel they are needed.

--------------------
Dan

Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

I just wanted to be sure it wasn't a common symptom because sometimes it is more obvious- like a yeast infection or something- or to be told that was completely normal from a bunch of people who've experienced the same thing, if that makes sense. But. . . I guess it isn't.
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Sorry, it isn't anything common that I am aware of; although I don't think it is anything serious.

--------------------
Dan

Magic's in the Makeup
Activist
Member # 44777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magic's in the Makeup         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I've done my fair share of jumping jacks and I think I know what sensation you're talking about. I'm a female and I can feel my genital region sort of jiggling around and up and down when I jump too. I think this is completely normal. Don't worry yourself to death over this.

[ 11-11-2010, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Magic's in the Makeup ]

Posts: 52 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Thank you, Magic's in the Makeup! That reassurance helps a lot. I don't mean to act like a hypochondriac, but I never had a sister to tell me what was going on with my body since puberty (and as a result have some pretty funny/sad stories). So, thanks. [Smile]
Magic's in the Makeup
Activist
Member # 44777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magic's in the Makeup         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, no worries Britster. I always get that way when something feels wrong with my body. The best way I try to explain it to doctors is: "You know how when you feel healthy all the parts of your body just feel fluid and fine? Well, something's wrong and I feel concious of my X." Do you know what I mean? It's like, if you're worrying about something sometimes it can become amplified and you start focusing on it more and it starts to feel weirder. But yeah, my genital region totally feels like that so you're not alone. Let's just blame it on gravity or something, okay? [Smile]
Posts: 52 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Thanks Magic's in the Makeup! I was hoping that someone with a females' persective would jump in!

--------------------
Dan

Daki
Neophyte
Member # 50902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean. I have the same sensation. Sometimes I wonder how the guys feel??

--------------------
I am a fail waiting to epically win.

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Hi Daki,

FYI, it all depends on how supportive is the underwear you are wearing. The less support provided, the more uncomfortable it is as things move farther. I would probably describe it as a combination of that sensation you ladies have described and a "flopping" feeling since there are more parts to move.

--------------------
Dan

mizchastain
Activist
Member # 32224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizchastain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sort of get that too. In my case it's when I'm in a car which goes over a bump.
Posts: 475 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.