Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Saw a bump

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saw a bump
Trumpet Master
Neophyte
Member # 47863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpet Master     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a red bump on the outside of my vagaina on the front. It is itchy but when it itch it it hurts a little. Its benn there for about a week and a half and has stayed the same. I am not sexually active so it can't be a STD or STI.... Can it?

--------------------
I say you love who you love. Lust over who you lust over. And are happy with who you are happy with. Everything inbetween doesn't matter!!!

Posts: 29 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've never had any kind of sex with anyone else?

The vagina is internal: when you say "on the front," do you mean just around the opening? Or are you instead talking about your vulva -- and maybe your mons? -- rather than your vagina?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmsb23
Neophyte
Member # 48384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmsb23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you shave as well? Because if you are talking about where your pubic hair grows out, it could be a ingrown hair. I have had the same symptoms you do, and that's all it was. If that's the case, you need to pop it that's all.
Posts: 12 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmsb23: Just FYI? It's never a good idea to pop or squeeze genital sores, period.

But it is really important to fist find out what someone is actually talking about before we give them even sound direction, okay? Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpet Master
Neophyte
Member # 47863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpet Master     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on the "mons" I think is what it is called. And no I have not had any kind of sexual activity with any one and I shave well.

--------------------
I say you love who you love. Lust over who you lust over. And are happy with who you are happy with. Everything inbetween doesn't matter!!!

Posts: 29 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it's very possible that it's a pimple or an ingrown hair, especially since you shave. Don't try and squeeze it or pop it, although you can try using a washcloth soaked in warm water on it a couple of times a day. If it doesn't go away in a few days, or it gets worse, it would be a good idea to check in with a healthcare provider.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpet Master
Neophyte
Member # 47863

Okay that is comforting. I was really worrying that us was somthing horrible. Thanks for the help!

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.