Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » height question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: height question
Aussie_1990
Neophyte
Member # 47936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie_1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello,

i am 18, and male, but I'm only around 5 foot 4. i have started some exercises using a chin up bar that supposedly increase your height. I've used these exercises and i have indeed increased my height by 2cm or so in under 2 weeks. my question is; are these exercises causing a permanent increase in my height or is it only temporary?

regards,
Aussie_1990

Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aussie_1990
Neophyte
Member # 47936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie_1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it helps:
http://www.squidoo.com/5-Most-Effective-Hanging-Exercises-to-Increase-Height

thats one of the sites i used

Posts: 2 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is really outside our area of expertise; the best person to ask would be a doctor or other healthcare provider. It's pretty unlikely though that even if these changes are permanent that your height will increase by much. Height is mainly determined by genetics, and there isn't much you can do to change it.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyNerd
Neophyte
Member # 48233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrettyNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you know some girls like shorter guys. An average women's height ranges from 5'2-5'4. For some, you'd be perfect height. Besides, there's some things you can't change and height is one.
Posts: 7 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Animica
Activist
Member # 44734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with PrettyNerd. I'm shorter than average, and my boyfriend is not that tall, and I don't have a problem. Quite the contrary, I like the fact that I don't have to stand on my toes to reach him. [Smile]
Posts: 132 | From: La La Land | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.