Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » ITCHYY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ITCHYY
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this is kinda nasty but i don't know where else to turn to and i'm really scared, i havent had intercourse yet so its not an STI and I havent had sperm to vagina contact anyway, even if I did my bf is a virgin and sti free, but anyway, my vulva is veryy veryy itchy, even when i wash it, i put hydrocortizone cream on it and its not workking and when i was it it burns, its around the clit and down in between the minor lips nothing else, veyr very itchy, plz help. im going to go to a gyno soon but i need relief and i'm EXTREMELY worried, plz help

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 2 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi LiiviinLaviidalocaaa,

Is the itchiness accompanied by a white clumpy cottage cheese-like looking discharge? Because it sounds like it may be a yeast infection. It is definitely a good idea that you are going to the gynecologist. Were they able to fit you in soon?

This page might help you out a bit, it just tells you the symptoms of a yeast infection. Yeast Infection Symptoms

Also, have you been noticing any other symptoms besides the ones you mentioned?

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always have a whiteish dicharge i think, but its not cottage cheese white and when i press on one of my minor lips it feels wierd and uncomfy almost like it hurts =( but mstly REALLY itchy

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd definitely see your Gyno. Have you already scheduled that appointment? Also, you mentioned your boyfriend and you haven't had intercourse yet, but have you had other forms of sex? Such as oral, anal or manual?
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Since I Put The Cream On it Burns A Bit When I Urinate =( I Didnt Make An App Yet Im Getting My Referral Tomorrow... yeah Oral && manual, hes never slept with anyone he doesnt have any STIs u think I have STI's

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I dont have blisters, any random discharge, nothing out the ordinary, but i had a hard time showering so maybe its the soap thats causing the burning because ive had this itching for a couple days now with no burning and I urinated today earlier ebfore showering and there was no burning, && my bf is a virgin

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

its just mainly itching really, nothing else honestly && just a bit of discomfort on the lil thing where i pee from when i press on it, but i think thats a pimple or something, idk

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty normal for things to burn when you try to self-medicate (I say from personal experience :-O).

You'll want to stop using that cream right away. You can try taking cool baths if that feels ok. Don't put any products on it (powder, cream, deodorant spray, etc.) and try to keep the area cool and dry. Go without underpants as much as possible, and if you have to wear them, wear only cotton ones, and wear skirts if you can (I won't, so I have to just suck it up with my jeans).

Please see your doctor as soon as possible so he or she can help you start getting relief quicker. You don't absolutely need to see a gynecologist for this; your regular general practitioner should be able to help you if what you have is a yeast infection.

I'm so sorry you're suffering from this. I know how miserable it is! I personally need to tell the people I'm close to that I'm not feeling well and I need to be left alone as much as possible, because I'm not very nice to be around when this happens. [Razz] Be gentle with yourself, get plenty of rest, and drink lots of water. It'll pass, so hang in there!

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, you'll want to lay off the soap in the shower while you are healing. You really don't need to use soap on your vulva ever. It's a self-cleaning area, and for those of us who are real sensitive, the less we mess with the natural balance and cleaning processes, the better.

--------------------

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

thank u so much, i rather see my gyno tho jus to be on the safe side becuz i have a bump there im guessing from all the itching, but ty soo much, i do think its a yeast infection bcuz i checked every other problem online and i dont have any symptoms thank god, what i wanted to neo was,is it contagios, yeast infection? wuld my bf get it

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Yeah, you may pass it to your boyfriend, but they're usually mostly asymptomatic. Which means they may not realize and it's easy for them to pass it back to you when you get better, so if it is a yeast infection, you might want to ask him to check with his doctor too.

Just so you know, you can get a yeast infection in your mouth (thrush) or on other skin besides the genital area.

And yeast organisms are always present in our environment, it's just that sometimes yeast can get the upper hand and get out of control and cause these symptoms. Rather than being called a "yeast infection," it should properly be called a "yeast overgrowth."

It's important to keep that in mind, because unlike a lot of STIs, which are exceedingly rarely contracted by any mechanism besides sexual or genital contact, a yeast infection can easily appear without any sexual contact, or indeed, even if you don't have a partner at all.

Since you are going to the gyno anyway, it would be an ideal time for you to ask for a full STI screening. Since you and your boyfriend are engaging in sexual activity (even though no intercourse), it's time for you to start your regular STI testing routine.

--------------------

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mma beat me too it on the yeast infection area [Razz] However what is the bump that you're talking about? What does it look like? You said it's located near your urethra?

[ 07-06-2010, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: loveyoumake ]

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

yea looks like a pimple. but i have only one partner i dont think i need a screening, im planning to marry this guy

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

but there is burning when i urinate... so yeah lol

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

i trust my bf, im pretty sure he doesnt cheat on me, essp considering he wants sex so bad for how long now Lmao, my poor baby, i dont wanna infect him lol, i just dont know how ima tell him i cant see him w.o telling him i have an infection =/ madd embarassing

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

I don't think it's something you need to be embarrassed about. If you are planning on marrying this guy communication is a really big thing in a relationship. He shouldn't mind if you have a problem, and you really shouldn't feel embarrassed about it. It's better that you're going to the doctor and actually taking charge of your health.
Also burning when you urinate is a symptom commonly associated with Urinary Tract Infections. That's something your doctor can check out too, all they would need to do was a urinalysis. Other symptoms of UTI's include:

* Pain or burning when you urinate.
* An urge to urinate frequently but usually passing only small amounts of urine.
* Pain or a feeling of heaviness in your lower abdomen.
* Reddish or pinkish urine.
* Foul-smelling urine.
* Cloudy urine.
* Pain in your back just below the rib cage, on one side of your body (flank pain).
* Fever and chills.
* Nausea and vomiting.

However, you may not have a UTI either and it may be associated to whatever else is going on right now. The best bet is to really make that appointment, get in as quick as you can, and then once you do that, you'll be on your way to feeling better. [Smile]

[ 07-06-2010, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: loveyoumake ]

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

He thinks I'm perfect, I dont want him ever thinking I get vaginal issues =/ my first time, but still, idk embarassing and i'm worried but I have a drs app tomorrow and im gonna try to get a gyn app tomm or the day after my urtehra is uncomfy when i wipe myself, im really worried

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

That's good, hang in there. I know issues "below the belt" can be tough and really annoying. I'm glad you got a doctors appointment tomorrow, I'm sure they'll help out a ton. [Smile]

[ 07-06-2010, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: loveyoumake ]

mma
Activist
Member # 47280

LOL, my husband thinks I'm perfect too but that didn't stop me from getting numerous UTIs shortly after we got married and several yeast infections over a number of years! Being sick doesn't mean you're not perfect-- it just means you're sick! [Razz] Of course, you're not perfect, and neither am I, but I promise your boyfriend would want to know you get vaginal issues, especially if your sexual activity together is helping create conditions that are making you sick.

It's a well-known phenomenon when you start/restart a period of sexual activity that you can be susceptible to UTIs, so there's no need to be alarmed about that. It's treatable, and you can learn how to be sexually active while minimizing the risk of contaminating your urinary tract with bacteria.

Also? Trust, only having one partner, and planning to marry a guy doesn't mean you should not get a screening for STIs. It's just sound healthcare that's part of safer sex practice. It's not a statement about your feelings about your partner at all, so please try to separate those concepts, ok?

--------------------

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Thank You Soo Much, I hope everything is Ok, I Was thinking of going to Gyno for Birth Control Pills Anyhow =)

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.