Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » pelvic/anal pain after orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pelvic/anal pain after orgasm
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure you guys can answer that but who knows maybe you might since it is somehow related to sex. So I'll take a chance. (I'd appreciate if you guys could either move it into the private area or delete it once I get the reply to it.)

It's highly embarassing but well I was wondering if you have ever heard of rectal/anal pain that happens after or during orgasm ?

I just had a crisis today (that's why I brought this up) and for the first time it wasn't after an orgasm, but it was exactly the same thing except it was worse in intensity, lasted longer and was accompanied by vagal symptoms like nausea, sweating and pale skin (which are likely due to the high level of pain I experienced).

The pain is mostly located in the anal area but it also spread to the pelvic area. I don't quite know how to describe the pain, maybe cramps or maybe more like a knife stabbing me ?

I tried doing a small search and what I came up with was ''proctalgie fugace''. It kinda looks like that at first sigh but I was wondering if you guys have by any means ever heard of something similar before : I mean rectal/pelvic pain after/during orgasm ? Thanks !

[ 10-05-2007, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you still having sex when you don't really (or don't at all) want to?

I ask because that is going to be a big factor if that's the case, and because if that is the case, one'd want to limit the equation here to rule things out by noting if it ONLY happens at those times, or also happens when you are very aroused and having the sex you want to be having.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

No, I'm not still having sex when I don't want to.

This can happen both through partenered sex or masturbation, anytime I have an orgasm. It's something that has been going on for some time but that I just didn't really care about given it wasn't a big pain and it subsided few minutes after orgasm.

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this is happening whether or not there is vaginal insertion/entry of any kind?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yeah, as far as I have noticed..

--------------------

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

I don't know if this is linked to that but I've noticed sometimes that after orgasm, I get a feeling like my muscles are clenching in both the anal and vaginal area and there is like pain at the same time. But I wouldn't say this happen all the time.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

I can't help but wonder if you're just not a sensitive gal. In other words, if you just have a very low pain threshold.

It's certainly normal to feel the contractions and pelvic vasocongestion that are part of orgasm, but they shouldn't be/aren't usually painful. And if any other part of sex isn't painful, there's little reason to think we're dealing with comething like an ovarian cycst or a fibroid which could cause that pain: that'd cause pain throughout, generally, not just with orgasm. But if you just have a low pain threshold, or have a hypersensitive body, then those contractions might feel painful for you.

Per whether or not you have hemmorhoids (proctalgie fugace), if you did, you'd likely also be having general anal discomfort and pain when taking a bowel movement, maybe some bleeding with bowel movements, or some lumps or swelling around the anus.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Well, I did a small search on rectal pain and they that the causes of proctalgy fugax weren't so well known (that orgasm could trigger in some of the cases), and it did not all the time, necessarily had something to do with hemmorhoids althought it could be linked to that in some of the cases.

And I have the same stabbing pain as they described in proctalgy vugax, the pain is principally located in the rectal area although it can radiate a bit in the pelvis too. And although it usually happen after orgasm for me and lasts like maybe around 15 minutes or so after orgasm and the disappear, it happened today also without any orgasm which makes me think that while orgasm may trigger it, it might not be only related to orgasm.

I'm seriously starting to think it's really that condition that I'm dealing with. The pain was really severe today although it was less severe before (when it occured after orgasm) but really the caracteristics and location of the pain and all that were basically all the same.

[ 10-05-2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

I'm sorry. I'm just not convinced it is just a low pain threshold.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Hey, you don't have to be sorry.

But if it's not that (and I based that on other posts/history of yours as well, but it still doesn't mean I'm right!), then this is something you'll need to take to your gynecologist for them to investigate.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yeah, that's maybe what I'm going to do at this point even though they might refer me to a GP or a gastro-enterologist for more investigations. I'll try to gather up my courage and bring it up. If it weren't for today, I'd probably wouldn't have brought it up but well I might now or if another similar episode of the same intensity happens again.

But if it's really that, then from what I can gather it is a totally begnin disease anyway which have no effective treatment to date that prove to be effective. So that means that it's not much to be worried about.

I appreciate that you tried to elucidate that with me Heather though.

--------------------

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

[ 10-05-2007, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

elvisaftermidnight
Neophyte
Member # 42050

Icon 5 posted      Profile for elvisaftermidnight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I realize your last post is nearly a year & a half old, but I wonder if cool87 is still out there & if you were able to find out what this condition is that you described. I have the same issue & can't seem to find out much of anything about it! Please get back to me if you can. Thanks!
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Yep, I'm still here although I have to say that this is an issue that I have never brought up to my GYN because I did not experience any other similar episode since the time I posted this.

But, as for you, would you like to start a new thread about it ?

--------------------

elvisaftermidnight
Neophyte
Member # 42050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elvisaftermidnight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I suppose it's not something that occurs frequently enough to pursue on here, especially since yours was the only post I could find ANYWHERE on the internet about it. So bizarre! I guess maybe it's just too personal for people to discuss. But I am glad to know that I am not THE ONLY ONE!! I am due to see my GYN in a couple of months, so I will bring it up to him then & let you know if I find anything out -- just in case it does become an issue for you again. Thanks so much for getting back to me!
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healthyguy7
Neophyte
Member # 44746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healthyguy7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had similar symptoms. Mild to severe rectal pain post orgasm. Very uncomfortable.

My Dr. diagnosed it as spastic colon. Some people take a sedative for this.

Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammi21
Neophyte
Member # 46659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammi21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had my first "episode" when I was 19 and still a virgin. It was years later that it happened again. I've been having it more often now at 30 and I'm glad I found this blog. After researching different possibilities, I'm pretty sure it's PROCTALGIA FUGAX. Mine occurs when I begin to orgasm but don't cum all the way. Also if I orgasm during sleep it will wake me up. I usually feel it on the left side of my rectum and will sometimes have a lingering sensation the next day. It's becoming a real pain in the butt. Hope this helps anyone else who's as confused as I am!
Posts: 1 | From: Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.