Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Anyone used a menstral cup?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone used a menstral cup?
Dusky
Neophyte
Member # 46451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a while now, there have been ads up in my uni toilets for these menstral cups.

I've considered getting one, but before I do, I wondered if anyone had first-hand experience or knows someone who does?

Obviously the reviews on the site are all glowing because they're trying to sell it there.

Posts: 8 | From: The land of milk and honey! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dusky! (I really like your location, btw. [Smile] ) I have not used a menstrual cup myself but have heard rave reviews from users before. Like most things in life, some people will love 'em, others will hate 'em, and then there's everyone else in between (and beyond.)

Here are some site links where people have shared their experiences/information. I hope they help, and please let us know if you have any more questions. There are more threads on the topic as well if you look through the various sections. [Smile]

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/what_are_menstrual_cups
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/on_the_rag_a_guide_to_menstruation
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/004790.html

[ 04-05-2010, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dusky,

I've used the Divacup (which seems to be pretty much the same thing as the Mooncup) for a few years now and I love it. I would never go back to pads or tampons. I've recommended it to a bunch of friends too. I've only ever had a leak once in about 4 years, and that was my bad. I forgot it was a heavy day, lazed in bed for too long, and ended up with a bit of a leak. Otherwise it's served me really well for sleeping and even for martial arts training with a lot of flips and tumbling.

There was definitely a bit of a learning curve for me with getting it in and out, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. If it's in right, I don't even know it's there and have actually forgotten about it completely.

Hope this helps!

(Edit: Too slow!)

[ 04-05-2010, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EliotDorian
Activist
Member # 37752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EliotDorian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have leakage issues with mine and I wonder if it's because one of four holes is not open. I can't feel it inside me except the stem. I *want* to make it work, but my first cycle with it is kind of discouraging. I could really go for another Women's Self Health Movement a la the 70s again!

--------------------
"What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if no one asks to see 'em?"

Posts: 87 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.