Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » SUPER self concious

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SUPER self concious
allusersttakenn17
Neophyte
Member # 44943

Icon 11 posted      Profile for allusersttakenn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because of the reasons below, i hide myself while changing in gym class, as well as not buy certain dresses and shirts because im too embarrased.

So, i have large boobs.. 36D, almost DD, I've read that large areola's are okay if they fit the boob. But im just soo worried that one day when someone is able to see them, when i choose, that I will be humiliated and crushed by his reaction. Also, since ive developed them starting in 5th grade (9th grade now), they have strech marks, my sister and mom says their fine, but ... im just embarrased!!!

are these things all turn offs? What should i expect? Help!

Thanks,
Jessica

Posts: 10 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allusersttakenn17
Neophyte
Member # 44943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allusersttakenn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, and i, yes i know its illegal and bad and i promise i will NEVER EVER do it again... but i sent topless pics to my 2 year boyfriend and his first response was 'you have big nipples' and then i said is that bad, and he said 'nah'.. and he REally enjoyed all the pics for ..4 months.. i know, sexting is a nono, i promise, it ownt happen again...

i just wanted to add that

Posts: 10 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jessica, welcome to Scarleteen! [Smile]

I can assure you that your breasts are absolutely fine as they are, and that you *will* find someone who sees them and thinks they're beautiful and attractive. Everyone's taste is different but there certainly are people who will like you for you from head to toe, and for who you are on the inside, too. [Smile] Now that that's out of the way, let's work on making it so *you* like them more!

I'm writing this as someone who is a 34D/DD so while we're a bit different, I do understand where you're coming from. My breasts did really start growing until I was 13 and didn't stop growing until college, but I know from friends who started puberty earlier how it could be challenging. I know that frustration where you want to buy/wear a certain dress or t-shirt only to find it doesn't fit or doesn't quite "work." Oh my, I totally know that! Fortunately, with time I've come to accept my breasts more and find clothes that I love and that looks good. In fact, I'll even go without a bra in the summer when I wear certain sundresses: I never would have believed this possible a few years ago but I enjoy it now (while being careful, too. ) And, yes, big areolas are fine: you get what you're given and work with it. However, I also understand feeling insecure about them, but there's really no reason to. [Smile] Something else to keep in mind, like in terms of changing for PE, is that many girls feel awkward or insecure about their breasts at some point during puberty as well as changing in front of others; this is unfortunate but it may help to realize you're not the only one. The person next to you might feel weird about being a 32A and so on. It's too bad we can't just feel good and comfortable with what we have versus compare ourselves to others or some "standard" or ideal that doesn't really even exist.

We're not going to get down on you for sexting but do keep in mind that it's illegal (you know this) and not doing so helps protect your privacy and safety. Plus, the way to feel good about yourself in the long-term, like how you look, is to work on accepting them yourself rather than looking for other's approval. It's tricky, yes, but can and will happen with time and effort. [Wink]

Here are some articles for you for starters:
Abreast: The Basics of Boobies
Seven Ways to Love Your Body
Frankenboobs (For another perspective)

[ 04-01-2010, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkSquidlet
Neophyte
Member # 44899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkSquidlet         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the exact same problem! And I'm not going to lie, it sucked as long as I LET it suck [Razz] I know the feeling of not being able to find a bra that fits or, when one miraculously does, finding a bra that's flesh-toned and reminds you of your grandma's [yick]. I've even been STUCK in a shirt, nevermind trying to look good in it [Wink] I actually had to call my mom into the dressing room to help me wriggle out of the thing!

I also used to hide in the bathroom to change for P.E. It's only recently that I've begun to change in the locker room. And you know what? I actually feel more confident changing out there than in the bathroom. In the bathroom, I ended up feeling shameful and embarrassed. By changing outside, I prove to myself that I am a confident and happy person with no reason to hide herself. Just like you!

Here's why you should love yours:
A) Big boobs are awesome. Little boobs are awesome. Pretty much, if you're intimate enough with a guy for him to see them, he's going to think they're awesome [Wink] [and if he doesn't, what would you want with him, anyway?]
B) With size 36D/DD you can wear a strapless dress and look absolutely gorgeous.
C) If you really are self-conscious of your size, those large areolas work in your favor. Comparatively, a large areola detracts from the size of the breast.
D) Stretch marks are nothing to worry about, honestly. By the end of puberty, guys have stretch marks on their lower backs, legs, even butts! When a girl has stretch marks, too, it makes a guy that much less self-conscious about his own [Smile]
DD) Some women go through pain and handfuls of money to get the size you have, and these poor women end up with scars, decreased sensitivity and a definite lack of "bounciness". Be proud of what you've got, girl! [Big Grin]

Posts: 11 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allusersttakenn17
Neophyte
Member # 44943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allusersttakenn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahahah thanks everyone so much! definate confidence booster xD
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, Jessica-- glad to hear it! [Smile] If you're finding yourself in a tough spot or getting down on yourself for this again, you're welcome to comeback: we can help you brainstorm other, more positive ways to deal with these feelings.
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.