Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » awkward hair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: awkward hair
aeromatik
Neophyte
Member # 44021

Icon 11 posted      Profile for aeromatik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, I don't know if this belongs..but I've found some of the best answers here, so I'll just throw this out there.

I have hair..on my butt. And (sorry if this is awkward) I mean cheeks, not just the anus. I'm assuming I've had it since puberty, or perhaps longer, but it's just weird. I've tried shaving, but it's hard to do, and doesn't last long. I'm not really looking for a way to be rid of it, I already know my options. I guess I'm just a bit self-conscience about it, especially with men. The two boyfriends that I had never mentioned it, but I'm sure they noticed, yet I don't think it deterred them away from my butt.

Any advice? Anyone else with this same issue? A lot of people with this same issue? Is it gross or weird? What do most men think?

Thanks in advance~ Jessie

[ 02-11-2010, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: skidd ]

Posts: 7 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EliotDorian
Activist
Member # 37752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EliotDorian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave if I think there's the slightest chance I might have a man to impress. I'm guessing it's not the same texture as your pubic hair though? I mean it's soft isn't it?
But the guys I've slept with have never mentioned it. They do let me know how much they enjoy touching me or how beautiful they find me though. And I can't keep caring about my body hair issues after hearing something like that! [Smile]
(NB: I still struggle with body hair issues, oh Lord I do.)
Oh also, if you can stomach the thought of a Brazilian, I believe the butt cheeks getting waxed is included in a Brazilian waxing.

--------------------
"What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if no one asks to see 'em?"

Posts: 87 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeromatik
Neophyte
Member # 44021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aeromatik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, I suppose I could look into that, though it may be painful lol. But I guess if a guy doesn't mention it, and isn't like "eewww," then I shouldn't be SO self-conscience about it. Oh and yes, it is soft, definitely not like pubic hair. So it's not too bad, I suppose..
But thank you for your input, Eliot, much appreciated! :]

Posts: 7 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to be clear, we're mammals: nearly all of us are covered with hair.

It's normal for public hair to include around the anus and buttocks, and normal for their to be hair on the buttocks just like, say, on the upper arms.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, everyone has hair everywhere on them; that's 'cause we're all human [Wink] I've even heard once that humans have tiny hairs on their TONGUES. But don't quote me on that, it was a kid's science show years and years ago [Razz]

Really though, if a guy DOES mention it and go "ewwww" then are you sure you really want to be getting sexual with someone so immature? Plenty of people have hair on their buttocks (think about it; if barely anyone did, why would brazilian waxes include the butt cheeks?) and plenty of people's partners are totally fine with it and not turned off or anything. As they should be.

If someone isn't okay with your body, why waste money and effort trying to impress them when there's definitely someone way more awesome out there who WILL like your body exactly how it is?

I myself have had body hair issues from time to time (sometimes really badly), and exactly this one, in fact! However, my partner has not once mentioned any of my hair in a negative light, and that's how it should be [Smile] He loves my body, top to bottom, every little hair included [Big Grin]

I'd say the most important thing to do is accept yourself for who you are and not worry about what a partner might think. Though my self-acceptance really got kick-started BECAUSE my partner did not give a hoot when I did not wax/shave/tame whatever from time to time and I began to realize that it really DOESN'T matter (though I definitely started by myself beforehand through reading several articles here on Scarleteen, in fact), and having a partner be supportive like that can be a really big help, it's always important to start down the path all by yourself [Smile] So no hanging around waiting for a partner to accept your body first, okay? [Big Grin]

Here are a few articles that really helped me start to see my body as awesome just the way it is:
Hair, There and Everywhere
Life Lessons from the Third Stall on the Left
10 of the Best Things You Can Do for Your Sexual Self (at Any Age)

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeromatik
Neophyte
Member # 44021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aeromatik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Heather, and Onionpie!

I've never had anyone say anything about it, but now that I'm single, I guess I just over-analyze every little thing about myself. I just needed a pep-talk I suppose! [Roll Eyes]

And wow, thank you for the detailed reply, Onionpie, much appreciated! You really made me feel better about it, seriously! [Big Grin] And you're right, someone who really cares about me, wouldn't care about my hair, or whatever. I am who I am, period.

Thank you again!! [Smile]
Oh, and the articles helped too! Thanks! [Big Grin]

[ 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: skidd ]

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
glad to hear you're feeling better about yourself, and I'm happy the articles helped [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiercelingua
Neophyte
Member # 11378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiercelingua     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have hair around there as well. And oyi, constantly dealing with hair issues to a certain extent. I try to approach it as a choice, you know? Accept that I'm a mammal and that the body hair will be there. If I know I'm going to be having anal sex any time in the future, I'll shave around there but otherwise I just leave it be. Anyone that's getting that close to me shouldn't care one way or the other. :-)
Posts: 6 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.